Which do you perfer and why? Pros and cons

Here are the stops

Western

Cozumel George Town, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios, Jamaica Great striup cay or

Eastern

Nassau St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands, San Juan puerto rico great striup cay

OK - we are on the western run in Feb 2012. Here is why:

1. We did not like to run last year, it seemed fractured, Cozumel, Hondurus, Key West. Forwards to go backwards.
  2. Also in school and pop culture, the 2012 Mayan legend of the end of the world, my son said he wanted to go to Tulum hoping the date of 12/21/2012 was really 2/21/2012!
  3. This run is a true flavor of the WC - Cozumel, Georgetown, Ochos Rios and GSC.
  4. We have done the EC and would prefer to do that again but begin from San Juan - more time in USVI and other islands.
  5. The EC run has Nassau as day 1, like 4 hours of sailing, we like the first day to be a sea day - get acclimated to the ship, plan and on this cruise we will go back / back / back shore days then sea day 2, then GSC. For the kids it lets them have fun then relax, we will have 3 on this cruise 16, 13 ,8

Hope this helps.

Where have you not been? We haven't been to San Juan and GSC so we would probably prefer Eastern. Jamaca to me was crouded and dirty and really would not want to return there. Loved Cozumel, GC, and St. Thomas was our favorite with the best snorkeling. Nassau is Nassau and been there enough, but can always go to Atlantis. So where have you not sailed to, then go from there. If it is your first sailing, go for western. More time in the caribbean, every island is extremely different, and only one day in the bahamas

Here are the stops

Western

Cozumel George Town, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios, Jamaica Great striup cay or

Eastern

Nassau St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands, San Juan puerto rico great striup cay

We're doing the western 4-14-12. Nassau is been there done that for us. Talked to a crew member on the Epic when we did both western and eastern and he confirmed our suspicions--older people who want to shop tend to do eastern itineraries and younger people who want adventure do the western...

Where have you not been? We haven't been to San Juan and GSC so we would probably prefer Eastern. Jamaca to me was crouded and dirty and really would not want to return there. Loved Cozumel, GC, and St. Thomas was our favorite with the best snorkeling. Nassau is Nassau and been there enough, but can always go to Atlantis. So where have you not sailed to, then go from there. If it is your first sailing, go for western. More time in the caribbean, every island is extremely different, and only one day in the bahamas

Ive been to Nassau, Great strriup cay Freeport, Cozumel Santo thomas Guatelma Belize city

So The deciding factor this year is between St thomas us virgin island / San juan Puerto rico or George town grand cayman / Ochio rios Jamicia

I have been to St. Thomas, San Juan, Grand Cayman, and Ocho. I feel everybody needs to go to Ocho and climb the falls. I have done it three times. In Cayman you need to swim with the sting rays. St. Thomas is an island with a big city. I am not a shopper. When a ship calls there, we take the Water Taxi to Water Island and turn it into a beach day. I put San Juan in the same category as Nassau - been there, done that. So, my vote is for Cayman and Ocho.

I was also having the same dilema.Wanted to go back on the Sun. We decided on the WC. Made decision based on not having been to Ochos Rio or Grand Cayman. Whatever you decide will be great as you will be on a cruise.:D

I know Ill be the odd one out with this one, but since you have not given the EC a try, I would go with that. We like both for different reasons, WC for jungles, exploring outdoor zip lining things, while EC for beaches and snorkeling. We liked GC with stingray City, everyone should try that once, and Jamaica we did Dunns River, but really was just excited to get out of Jamaica. St. Thomas you have to visit St. John and Trunk Bay, incredible snorkeling! EC has more a caribbean feel, while WC feels more exotic and 3rd world. Both are wonderful and cant go wrong with either

I agree with Rev Joe. *If it's your first time or you have people for the first time in the Carb, then Eastern is the way to go. It is like all the pictures and stuff they have an idea about.

The WC is jungles, zip lines, ports in unknown type places and you have to do stuff to have fun, shopping is present but alot of the excursions climbing, boating, caves etc are more physical..hence more fun, but you have to like that.

Either way- you will have a blast

we are doing both in December...i like all the ports but Nassau...been there twice now--thats ENOUGH!

last December we were suppose to do Nassau, St T and St M (instead of San Juan) we missed the latter two due to mechanical problems so we are really looking forward to St Thomas and we will visit St Maarten on our B2B next year!

all the E/W ports are appealing this time except Nassau--wish we were doing like Key West instead....LOVED that place last year, but not enough time!!

Archived