Best places to eat in Cozumel, Progreso & Belize City

ferretface

Help! Haven't cruised for "several" years. Need help on where to eat when in ports. We want to experience the local cuisines, without stomach problems. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Also, sailing out of Galveston TX, any recommendations? Never been to TX before & can't wait :)

In Cozumel, there is a store at the far end of the strip called Cinco Soles. It is a large store and everything there is made locally. In the back of the store they have a lovely little restaurant. I had one of the most memorable lunches of my life there, and not just because of the margaritas! The food was excellent and the service delightful!

Galveston - Guido's (seafood) one of my favorite restaurants

- Michael's(burgers) best burgers I've ever had, considerably less expensive and faster than Guido's

- Casey's (seafood/chicken) owned by Guido's family, more casual, less expensive still great food.

Progresso - my best advice is either go into Meridia, to the ruins or stay on the ship.

Cozumel - Carlo's and Charlies!!

Belize - I have only been to San Pedro and both times our meals were arranged for us on our Shark/Ray Alley excursion.

Have a great cruise!!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All, After visiting Cozumel Seventeen times I still can't find a really good Restuarant.Don't go to the Shrimp Bucket and panchos is so so.I reccomend staying on the ship and enjoying the food and the peace while everyone is ashore in Carlos and Charlies and it's brother Senior Frogs

John;)

• 3 weeks later...

We enjoyed Carlos and Charlie's last week while in Cozumel, lots of fun and the nachos were great. Not bad prices either for a tourist area. It was about $6.00 I think for the bad ride their from the port the Glory was at, right at the other port where the other Carnival ship was docked. We spent $51.00 american $'s for 4 yards, and a huge plate of steak nachos. Most items were under $10, most smaller items under $5.00. It was tons of fun.

and we have always eaten at Las Palmeras. It is an open air restaurant that is right near the little "town square" type area with lots of shops. They have their own water purifier and their drinks have NEVER given us a problem! Their food was wonderful. They were one of the recommended restaurants that Carnival puts in their flyer. We haven't even wanted to try anywhere else because looking at the ocean and eating great food outside is just wonderful there!!

Archived