Regent Mariner vs. Crystal Symphony vs. Oceania Marina

I, like Wendy, are following all three of the threads...I have been on all three of the lines and in my opinion just reading the posts on the three threads would have me realize how very different the attitudes and prejudices are on the Crystal board as compared to both the Regent and Oceania boards....For all around comfort and fun cruising, Regent and Oceania beat Crystal hands down !!!.....of course that is only my opinion but it is the one I trust the most....:D

thanks so much for all your input - final choice boiled down to regent vs. oceania - we are much more "country club casual" people with no interest in wearing tuxes and formal gowns - we chose oceania primarily because of intinerary - we start in barcelona and end in rome and are spending three full days at each - they were the cities we most wanted to spend more time in

we are staying in a penthouse (ph3) suite - the real problem is now waiting nine months to sail - i'm sure a regent cruise is also in our future - probably be a few more years until i'm "stuffy" enough to sail crystal

thanks again

thanks so much for all your input - final choice boiled down to regent vs. oceania - we are much more "country club casual" people with no interest in wearing tuxes and formal gowns - we chose oceania primarily because of intinerary - we start in barcelona and end in rome and are spending three full days at each - they were the cities we most wanted to spend more time in

we are staying in a penthouse (ph3) suite - the real problem is now waiting nine months to sail - i'm sure a regent cruise is also in our future - probably be a few more years until i'm "stuffy" enough to sail crystal

thanks again

....I really believe you made an excellent choice....

Sounds like a great choice, I'd love to sail on Marina! You will find that the nine months is very useful for planning and building the anticipation. I love booking cruises a year or more in advance for just that reason--booked my next cruise last January, and it's not until next May!

Been on the Harmony(not Symphony), Mariner and recently the Marina. Very impressed with the Marina and you should have a great time. Marina is a beautiful ship and they really outdid themselves with decor and the service was very good.

Once Oceania gets thiere second new ship next year, their capacity will have more than doubled in 2 years, we should be able to get some good deals :)

Archived