Live from the Caribbean Princess

Frugalist

Thanks for the live updates. I'm getting very excited thinking we'll be there in two weeks time!

Just a couple of questions for you, do you know how much the soda card is? We're thinking of getting one for our 10 year old. Just in case we don't, do you know if soft drinks are free for children in the dining room at dinner(I seem to remember on one of the cruise lines they were)

Also do Princess do a wine package in the dining room?

Thanks, enjoy yourself,

Julie

If you have a chance to check out the fitness center, will you see if they have spinning classes? These are group exercise classes on a stationary bike. My husband did these last year on RC and really liked it.

Thanks for posting, and enjoy your cruise!

I was glancing through the Patters this morning and noticed that there was a Spinning Class offered Sunday morning. They charged $10 per person. Hope this helps. I'll keep an eye on the Patter and let you know if the class is repeated.

Thanks for the live updates. I'm getting very excited thinking we'll be there in two weeks time!

Just a couple of questions for you, do you know how much the soda card is? We're thinking of getting one for our 10 year old. Just in case we don't, do you know if soft drinks are free for children in the dining room at dinner(I seem to remember on one of the cruise lines they were)

Also do Princess do a wine package in the dining room?

Thanks, enjoy yourself,

Julie

The soda sticker is $22.50 without the Coke tumbler -- $25 with it. You probaby know that will get your daughter unlimited fountain drinks for the week including soda in the dining rooms. Without the sticker, soft drinks are NOT free.

Not sure about the wine package as we are not wine drinkers. Sorry.

We are also aboard this week. Weather has been picture perfect thus far. While we were out for our walk this morning, we saw several whales, including one jumping completely out of the water and breaching. It was a spectacular sight.

Capain Romano has been fairly visible as has the current CD, James Lay. I have been asking several members of the staff whether they miss Graham, and the reactions have been mixed. One of the bartenders I spoke with at Crooners last night was always next to Graham in the International Crew show and had to see him in his tutu each week. She was one of the few that was glad he was gone. Surprisingly, none of them knew that he had left the fleet for Royal Caribbean. They were told he was off to start a TV show.

Food at Sterlings was great the first night. Our only complaint thus far is that if you are with a large group, personal choice is virtually impossible to get a dinner reservation before 8:30 PM.

We are on our delayed honeymoon and are doing the Ultimate Balcony dinner Wednesday, so I will write a review on it later.

We are loving our aft balcony (C-753) which Chris and others have written about in the past. Nice and relaxing.

The beer bucket special is 5 Dos XX for $14. We had a few of those at the sail away party.

Last night was the comedian/juggler that was also on our Golden Princess cruise last April. He was funny then, and still is now. We also spent time enjoying Bert Stratton in his "Living Room" last night. Tonight, there is a comedian in Explorers which we will see.

The lunch buffet at Cafe Caribe was outstanding today. Sushi and several oriental stir fry dishes, along with dim sum.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and I will try to get the answers

We are also aboard this week. Weather has been picture perfect thus far. While we were out for our walk this morning, we saw several whales, including one jumping completely out of the water and breaching. It was a spectacular sight.

Wow! Lucky you. What side of the ship was that off? And about what time?

We haven't mingled with anyone yet, but we'll be at our TA's cocktail party this evening at 5. Will you be there too?

We caught the last hour of Bert Stratton's show last night. He was awesome.

We thought the so-called comedian/juggler last night in Explorer's was one of the most terrible "entertainers" we've ever seen anywhere. He seemed very incompetent. Dropped more than he caught and not very funny. Maybe he just had an off show (7:00 -- first of 3 for the night) because I've read other posts saying how great he was.

We just finished a lunch that covered the ship from top to bottom and back to front. We started at the Caribe Cafe for the oriental buffet. Excellent sushi plus several Chinese selections. Then we went down to the Coral dining room for ice cream. Today's selections were macadamia, strawberry, and mint chocolate. The macadamia ice cream was just about the best ice cream I've ever had. Loaded with chopped nuts.

Diane and I were just saying that food is a central part of our cruising experience (you can tell that's the truth by looking at us :-) ) and this ship makes us feel like we're in heaven. Tonight is Bavarian theme in Caribe Cafe and Caribbean night in the dining rooms.

Right now we're in the library, waiting to see the future cruise desk staff to book our next open cruise. There are 3 or 4 internet terminals in the library.

This live from the ship, well almost live is very cool. Thank you folks for taking the time to post for us. Maybe you could set up a time to wave to us on the webcam. lol Any idea if they will change the movies soon?:)

We are loving our aft balcony (C-753) which Chris and others have written about in the past. Nice and relaxing.

QUOTE]

Please take care of this cabin.......I will be there in just two short months! ;)

Crless and Frugalist - Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

Thank you so much for taking the time out to let us know how your trip is going and answer questions! Back to the first night at the buffet with the seafood - is there any other food offered at the buffet? There is a group of us and some do not like seafood and would like to get regular food at the buffet - was this offered? Thank you so much for your help!!!

Terri

Thank you so much for taking the time out to let us know how your trip is going and answer questions! Back to the first night at the buffet with the seafood - is there any other food offered at the buffet? There is a group of us and some do not like seafood and would like to get regular food at the buffet - was this offered? Thank you so much for your help!!!

Terri

I walked by the buffet the first night and there did appear to be items other than seafood on the first night.

Tonight is Caribbean Night in the dining room, but we are going to try the Cafe Caribe, which is serving Barvarian dishes. The menu sounds more appealing than the dining room.

Frugalist, I am enjoying your reports! Our trip is a year off, but I have a couple of questions if you can answer them:

1. In the first night Patter, does it indicate whether the children's club is open?

2. Have chairs been scarce around the main pool area? How about the other areas?

Have a great cruise!

Oh My God!!!! The food is unbelievable. Such an incredible selection of dishes, vegetables, breads and desserts! I've got to stop making such a pig of myself. :-) All the wursts you can imagine. Fresh suckling pig. Pork tenderloin wrapped in a sourdough bread crust. On and on and on. At least half a dozen breads. And the desserts! Black forest cake, apple strudel, pineapple creme brulet, blueberry cheesecake and more. All of it absolutely delicious. No dining room for us tonight!

We're now waiting for the comedian to start his second show of the evening. We saw him Saturday night in the Princess Theater and he was very funny. Carl Strong.

Is Carl Strong scheduled to or done any performances?:)

Carl did about 15 minutes during the show in the Princess Theater Saturday night. Tonight he has 3 shows in Explorers. We went to the 8:45 and it was packed to overflowng. This was the first time we really had a problem with too many people on the ship. The lounge is already SRO for the 10:45 show, which I wanted to see, but I think I'll skip if I can't sit. My wife and I both thought he was very good. I can't believe we were cracking up at fart jokes!

He IS soooo funny...I will try to get to the Explorers Lounge very early as I did a couple of weeks ago...we had front row seats and I was cracking up and he stopped in the middle of his show and ask me if I was crying??? :D :D

Hi-

had heard Platinum members get free internet at the internet cafe, but not for wireless....can somebody explain why that is?...makes no sense...seems like the signal would go in/out the same satellite....so why is one free and the other not? maybe somebody on board can get an answer on this...hard to beleive

Frugalist

Thank you for taking time out of your, what sounds like a great cruise to post these reports, We will be sailing on the April 2 2005 voyage & Im wondering if you could let me know what time you where able to disembark the ship in St Thomas as Im trying to determine the best time for tee off at Mahogany Run. Look forward to your reports each night but try to save some food for our sailing LoL enjoy the rest of your week.

Brent

Thanks for your thread. One of the best I've read since I'm going to be passing you in the terminal. Do they keep the order of the menus at the dining rooms the same from week to week or do they change? I'm trying to decide when to do alternative dining. We have a big group and have to plan in advance. Your info on Caribbean night being on Monday helps. ENJOY the rest of your week.

Thanks for your reports, almost:o like being there with you! I really wish I were cruising right now:rolleyes:

Enjoy your cruise Chris and Brenda!!!!!!Have a great celebration, you deserve it.

And thanks to all of you onboard posting, we love the trip reports.

Linda

Archived