Rotterdam DD or G or L

Svenja66

Hello,

we are going to do a cruise on the Rotterdam.We are 6 people.

Its the same price if we take the G outside (double) plus the L (quad) on maindeck or if we take 3 double rooms DD on lower promenade.

We are not sure what to do.

Is there noise from the theater obove the DD rooms?

Its important that my father has a nice, quite room.

Which rooms would you prefer?

Thanks Svenja

We were on the Rotterdam to Alaska last May and were in DD3388 and it was our first try without a balcony. We actually really liked it, great access to the walk around deck. We tested how visible our cabin was through the windows and during the day you had to press your face against to see in, at night you kept your curtains shut. We found it to be a quiet cabin, I would book a DD again without hesitation based on that trip.

This is just my opinion - but I like the 3 x DD cabins idea.

My reasons:

*3 cabins = 3 bathrooms and 3 bathtubs (versus 2 bathrooms and 1 bathtub)

*easy to get out on the wrap around promenade deck from DD (almost like having a balcony)

*everyone in a regular (dreamy, comfortable) bed. No one on a sofa bed or in an upper bunk

I have no problem with HAL sofa beds, but I am NOT a fan of upper bunks and ladders, at least for adults.

As for noise: there is possibility of noise from bow wave or forward thrusters in the G cabins. I think there is more risk of noise from talkers/walkers outside the cabin in the DD than from the theatre.

The DD cabins on Lower Promenade are a bit smaller than both the large insides and large outsides on the same ship.

I prefer quiet locations over windows.

I would try for 2 (or 3) category K cabins on Main Deck or else 2 (or 3) category M cabins on Dolphin Deck. If you need a quad, you might need to go with category M.

A note on the sideways M cabins: based upon cursory inspections, they have more floor space but less closet space than other large insides.

I think there is more risk of noise from talkers/walkers outside the cabin in the DD than from the theatre.
We've had LP DD cabins on the Amsterdam, Statendam, and Ryndam, and the only noise we noticed enough to bother us was the hose water hitting the windows around 5:30a to 6:00a every day! :eek:

Archived