hotel with gated, monitored parking in Miami

bridetobe53108

We will be cruising out of Miami and are considering leaving our car at a hotel instead of at the port. I have read lots of posts about the hotels, but I am having trouble finding information on the parking situations. Are the lots gated, monitored, are any covered, etc.? The port parking is expensive, but we feel safe leaving our car there. Thanks for any info. on this!

Hotels offering free parking deals are out near the MIA airport and your car will be in an open parking lot. Covered, gated, and secure parking at most downtown and Miami Beach hotels costs more than parking at POM. :(

You might be better off getting a $50-75 hotel a couple of hours north of Miami off of I-95 (Orlando is only a 3.5 hour drive away!) and then driving to POM the day of your cruise and parking there. Good luck! :)

We will be cruising out of Miami and are considering leaving our car at a hotel instead of at the port. I have read lots of posts about the hotels, but I am having trouble finding information on the parking situations. Are the lots gated, monitored, are any covered, etc.? The port parking is expensive, but we feel safe leaving our car there. Thanks for any info. on this!

Try United Parking,Look for POM.They are 1 mile from the port in a gated cover garage .They charge halh the price and supply transportation to and from the port.We used them last month and they were great

in feb we stayed at the hampton inn blue lagoon right by miami airport. we had rented a car for the pre-cruise 2 days and the parking lot was in a parking garage and secured and gated. i'm not sure if you can leave your car there while you are cruising but it's worth a call. we got transportation to the port for $10 pp that the hotel arranges. good luck :)

This seems to be just what we are looking for!! According to the website they do offer cruise & park specials. Thanks for the rec!!

in feb we stayed at the hampton inn blue lagoon right by miami airport. we had rented a car for the pre-cruise 2 days and the parking lot was in a parking garage and secured and gated. i'm not sure if you can leave your car there while you are cruising but it's worth a call. we got transportation to the port for $10 pp that the hotel arranges. good luck :)

We only live 5 hours away, we'd just prefer to get to MIA on Saturday and start our vacation then!

Hotels offering free parking deals are out near the MIA airport and your car will be in an open parking lot. Covered, gated, and secure parking at most downtown and Miami Beach hotels costs more than parking at POM. :(

You might be better off getting a $50-75 hotel a couple of hours north of Miami off of I-95 (Orlando is only a 3.5 hour drive away!) and then driving to POM the day of your cruise and parking there. Good luck! :)

Thanks for the rec, but I've read too many mixed reviews about this place. I am glad that you had a good experience.

Try United Parking,Look for POM.They are 1 mile from the port in a gated cover garage .They charge halh the price and supply transportation to and from the port.We used them last month and they were great

I just want to verify- it is a COVERED parking garage? Is it manned by someone at all times, there is a little gate to get in, etc. Thanks again!!

I just want to verify- it is a COVERED parking garage? Is it manned by someone at all times, there is a little gate to get in, etc. Thanks again!!

yes where we parked is def inside a gated garage. it is enclosed except where you pull into the garage and where you leave. i cant remember if you enter and exit the same enterance, sorry. but it is very secure. if you're parking there for the week they might have you park somewhere else. you better check on that. the garage is fairly small...maybe 20 cars or so. it is gated and we needed our room card key to swipe to get into the gated garage. there is also an intercom at the gate that is connected to the front desk. the garage is connected to the hotel on the left hand side and there is a door to get into the hotel which you will also need your room key to swipe to enter.

Archived