Who is cruising in March 2012, can't wait

dja31705

I can't wait to go on the Carnival Liberty. Trying so hard to loose weight. I have started WW so many times over the years and get off the bandwagon. Trying hard to get back on. Lost almost ten pounds since march, not much but some is better than nothing.

I can't wait to go on the Carnival Liberty. Trying so hard to loose weight. I have started WW so many times over the years and get off the bandwagon. Trying hard to get back on. Lost almost ten pounds since march, not much but some is better than nothing.

Hello - our 7 day cruise leaves Feb 26...so we will be cruising in March too! ;) That is great that you've lost ten pounds - just think, that is the equivalent of 40 sticks of butter that you are not carrying around anymore! Keep up the good work and try to not get discouraged. I'm losing weight a lot slower than I ever have...but I am trying to make it lifestyle/choice changes and not just a diet, so slow and steady is ok with me. I belonged to a TOPS weight loss group several years ago and lost 60 lb very quickly - but as soon as I quit going to the meetings, the weight began to creep back on...I had gained it all back within a few years. :( I don't do well without accountability.

Do you do any kind of exercise? I love to walk and try to get in 20-30 minutes several times a week. Good luck - and just keep that mental picture of 40 sticks of butter sitting in a pile somewhere, rather than you packing them around!!! :D

• 1 month later...

I too am cruising March 2012 with John Heald's bloggers on the Carnival Magic. I began my weight loss health plan in April of this year. I'm averaging anywhere from 2-5 lbs a wk :-) Hope to be very close to goal by the BC!

Hello, yes I also am determined to be lighter on my Allure cruise in March 2012. I came back from the RCCL Liberty this past March and was so depressed and overweight that I made a promise to my self to correct this situation. I started WW and Curves the 1st week of April and I'm now down 29 lbs. I want to loose another 20-30 lbs. before March, so I continue to stay focused. I'll worry about clothes after the holidays. I have my events that try to throw me a curve ball but I am learning how to deal with them as they come. Life is full of events so I take charge! This is not my first attempt but this will be my last due to my continuance of WW for ever. I can't stop going to meetings and counting points, small thing to do to keep looking and feeling good.

My DH says "no one wants a bone but a dog" so I say start barking buddy! hahaha

Angela

I am on Take Shape For Life - we use meal replacements - it's not just shakes anymore! We have pancakes, eggs, soups, bars, pudding, brownies etc. We also have one meal a day that we call "Lean & Green" which is a 5-7 oz serving of lean protein and 3 servings of non-starchy veggies. So we DO eat! I've lost 70 lbs since April but I know that I will NOT gain it back because TSFL is more than a diet - it teaches Healthy Habits so you learn what your triggers are and how to combat it. This plan was formulated by doctors at John Hopkins Hospital. I would be glad to get anyone info on it if you would like. You can email me at Legalease0213@aol.com or find me on Facebook at Delia Dee Fuller McLaughlin.

Good luck to all of you no matter what plan you choose. It's a matter of behavioral changes and there's no quick fix. TSFL is a lot less expensive than some other plans too.

Hello! We'll be cruising in March on the Island Princess to Panama. I'd like to lose 30 pounds before then, but will be happy with 20. I've been on Weight Watchers since January and I'm also doing Zumba 3 times a week, plus whatever other activity/exercise I can throw into my schedule. So far I've lost 35 pounds and 3 sizes. It's been over four years since our last cruise and I am so excited. As much as I'd like to be shopping for clothes for the cruise right now, I'm also excited and optimistic that by February, I'll be looking for cruise clothes a couple sizes smaller.

Good luck to you all!

Archived