Those HUGE drink cups?

pampaul

After reading many trip reports, I've noticed a few people carrying those tall, skinny drink cups (think about 2ft tall LOL) Are these something that can be bought onboard? Or is this something that has to bought on one of the islands?

We're going on the Carnvial Miracle in August and we'll be going to Grand Turk, Nassau and Half Moon Cay.

Thanks!!!

After reading many trip reports, I've noticed a few people carrying those tall, skinny drink cups (think about 2ft tall LOL) Are these something that can be bought onboard? Or is this something that has to bought on one of the islands?

We're going on the Carnvial Miracle in August and we'll be going to Grand Turk, Nassau and Half Moon Cay.

Thanks!!!

You can get them at Margaritaville on Grand Turk. I got one there. It was a yard of margarita. It was around $15.00 but that was in 2008. They are probably higher now.

Thanks for your replies.

Do you know if you can purchase them without the alcoholic drink? We've been on 4 cruises so far and have saved a plastic drink cup for each of us (DH, Me, DS14 and DS15) from each cruise.

I'm sure the boys would LOVE to each get one of these cups (as would I) I think they're so cool. LOL

The thing is though, I'm probably the only one who would get an alcoholic drink (MAYBE the hubby) and I know for sure that I would NEVER finish 4 drinks. Can you possibly get a soft drink in them for the boys? Or maybe just purchase them seperately?

OP: You can also get "Virgin" drinks at any of the above mentioned places and have them served in the tall glasses.

OOOhhhhh, nice to know!!! I'm sure the boys will get a kick out of drinking out of them!!!

Make sure you wash them out as soon as the drink is gone and never put anything (like milk) that will sour in there. They are awful to clean and won't fit in the dishwasher. And don't lose your straw.

Thanks for your replies.

Do you know if you can purchase them without the alcoholic drink? We've been on 4 cruises so far and have saved a plastic drink cup for each of us (DH, Me, DS14 and DS15) from each cruise.

I'm sure the boys would LOVE to each get one of these cups (as would I) I think they're so cool. LOL

The thing is though, I'm probably the only one who would get an alcoholic drink (MAYBE the hubby) and I know for sure that I would NEVER finish 4 drinks. Can you possibly get a soft drink in them for the boys? Or maybe just purchase them seperately?

We got them for our teens (13 and 15 ) at Margaritaville in Grand Turk.They chose virgin strawberry daquris , which I belive could be refilled at a discount once you bought the cup. I am attaching a pic of my ds on board the Miracle relaxing on the Balcony with the cup.

DSC05813.jpg.1a160ffff0fe5c585ae588b08a36eec7.jpg

Those have been around for a while ... I still have the one I bought at Senor Frogs in Cancun in 2001. :D

You think they have been around for awhile.?!?!?!?!

I know they have been around definitely since I was in college in 1983.:D

But I'm pretty sure the glasses have been around in England since the 1600's.;)

Bill

My son got a Diet Coke in one at Senior Frogs in San Juan. I think it was his favorite souvenir!

If you do get one with a Daiquiri, etc.. make sure you ask the price.. they are almost $20 for one drink!

Catrin

Archived