Best Deal on Fairmont Olympic Hotel in Seattle

Linsuesue

We've got credit card points that will allow us to get a gift card or two for a stay at the Fairmont Olympic in Seattle. Their prices are high(about $249), so the gift cards won't take much off, but we would like to maximize those cards by finding some kind of special that the hotel offers. I'm presuming that using one of the reduced rates/travel fare sites won't allow me to use my gift card to pay them off. Is there anybody that got a great deal staying at this hotel, and how did you find a great rate? Right now they are offering a 20% off internet rate, but no rooms are showing available for next summer. I'm guessing because it is too far out to book those special rates. Our goal would be to spend 2 nights there so any help would be greatly appreciated!

there were times last summer when the internet room rates were around $169 so I'd continue to check closer to when you want to use the cards. Also if you've signed up for the Presidents Club card they normally send out e mails announcing special rates to their 'members].

• 1 month later...

If you have a travel agent and they are a Fairmont Famous agent they can usually get pretty good rates, better than the wb site for sure and it doesn't cost you anything more. Have stayed there alot, great hotel and centrally located to most everything.:)

Redhot-I've never used a travel agent but it is definitely worth looking into to get a good deal. The President's club has some great deals, but none yet for their hotel in Seattle. I've got time to check and really appreciate all of your suggestions. Thanks for your recommendation about the hotel!

Archived