Insignia TV Debut?

PurpleCow

I was watching Globe Trekker on our PBS channel Saturday night. They were in Venice and the show was really informative and enjoyable. They were in a small boat out by the salt flats, the guide explaining that the wakes of the boats and large cruise ships like "that one" are the cause of the breaking away of the edges of the flats. I said to myself, "Is that the Insignia? It looks like the Insignia." Sure enough, when the smokestack came into view, there was the O logo. "Large cruise ship" indeed!

I was watching Globe Trekker on our PBS channel Saturday night. They were in Venice and the show was really informative and enjoyable. They were in a small boat out by the salt flats, the guide explaining that the wakes of the boats and large cruise ships like "that one" are the cause of the breaking away of the edges of the flats. I said to myself, "Is that the Insignia? It looks like the Insignia." Sure enough, when the smokestack came into view, there was the O logo. "Large cruise ship" indeed!

Yes, I caught that, too. My TiVo had the program dated 2011 but they showed Heath Ledger at the Venice Film Festival. I looked up the movie he was promoting and it was released in 2005. So, the Globe Trekkers episode was actually recorded in 2005.

Yes, I caught that, too. My TiVo had the program dated 2011 but they showed Heath Ledger at the Venice Film Festival. I looked up the movie he was promoting and it was released in 2005. So, the Globe Trekkers episode was actually recorded in 2005.
I noticed Heath Ledger, too. I did love the movie, but, at the time I saw it, I didn't know who Heath Ledger was. We don't get much new programming on our local PBS station so I didn't expect the episode to be of recent vintage.

Archived