Freedom class or Oasis/Allure?

Two families traveling together with 2 teens, 7 over 21's and 4 adults. Traveled on the maiden voyage of Freedom of the Seas and loved it. Are Oasis and Allure worth the additional money as we pull together our plans for summer 2012? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you all.

I love the freedom class ships but liked Oasis also because of all it has. The only thing I didnt like was the fact that its so big you feel like you are in a resort or large mall, I missed seeing the ocean (yes we had a balcony). However many of the places to eat, etc do not have the views other ships have. Is it worth the extra money, that is up to you but I would say yes do it once. However if you choose Freedom I think you will have just as much fun!

I'm also looking to book a cruise and have it narrowed down between Freedom of the Seas, Liberty of the Seas Oasis & Allure

Freedom is at a lower rate and wanted to book a Junior suite but surely is expensive on Oasis or Allure

Still debating

Two families traveling together with 2 teens, 7 over 21's and 4 adults. Traveled on the maiden voyage of Freedom of the Seas and loved it. Are Oasis and Allure worth the additional money as we pull together our plans for summer 2012? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you all.

Alot has changed on the Freedom since you first sailed on her. The Freedom now has a few of the Oasis type features on board and many of the good things that you might remember. I'm going on Freedom again this year primarily because of the price difference between her and the Oasis/Allure. I do hear many good things and have seen quite a few good reviews of the Oasis/Allure but I will wait until the pricing comes down a little bit before trying the biggest cruise ships in the world.

I always seem to take the opposite view on this one. Have been on Freedom and Oasis. From what I remember there were more teen spots on Oasis than there were on Freedom, although my teenage son spent his days lounging in the Solarium :rolleyes: For my family the neighborhoods totally made the ship for us. My younger kids (6 and 7 right now) have actually chosen to sail Allure over going on a Disney cruise. When I asked why, they told me the boardwalk, the mini golf and the ice skating. Granted Freedom has 2 of the 3, but the boardwalk was the winner for us. Not only does it have the carousel, which is fun for grown ups too, the outside atmosphere it great! We also loved crossing the ship in Central Park as opposed the busy Promenade. We looked into sailing Freedom again but decided it was worth the premium to sail on the Oasis class ships.

Archived