do they still offer a disc for Pictures

I read somewhere you can buy your pictures on a disc? does anybody know if they still have this on the Epic and how much it cost? how does it work do you give them your room key and any pictures on the room key you get? we have a lot of family going and I am wondering if I can put my pictures and my DD pictures together? thanks in advance for your help in the matter:)

Yes you can buy a CD, but...(please allow for my long story).

On our recent Gem cruise (5/8/2011) to BDA, I was trying to work my charm with the photo staff. you basically have to buy the photos as they are priced on the ship (specials, promos...etc), THEN you have to buy the license for the photo. I forget the actual price, but I think it was an additional $10 PER POSE.

This is a rip off!!! Believe me, I rarely complain of being nickel and dimed...but this is a travesty. Let's look at the facts:

- obviously putting up the photos on display, is all about the marketing of your photos, each night. and rightly so...you see them, touch them, heck you can smell them if you like. so that all plays into the consumer's desire to buy them. (i am totally fine with this).

What I am not fine with are:

- They are no longer shooting 35mm film. DIGITAL...INSTANT PHOTOS...LESS COST since the storage media is reusable. heck...the photos go straight to their main database straight from the camera.

- The practice of printing and displaying as mentioned above my be a nice tradition...but it has and continues to be a waste of material...potential profit literally going down the drain. Hasn't anyone done a cost analysis? (Then, again, maybe they have.)

Why can't they just offer a package that includes a CD? I mean why slap us in the face with a "license fee"? I even tried to negotiate with the guy.

"i'll give you $200 for 10 poses on a CD? You'll get money from me, if I just buy the 1 or 2 photos." (and in a week you KNOW it's more than just 10 poses).

They weren't going to hear it. Yes I know it's a vendor. Yes I know everyone needs to make money. I just find it insulting. If they really want to call it a "license fee"...charge more like real photographers! Don't nickel and dime us for $10 a pose.

Not to drag it a bit off topic but we just got off the Epic and they had a nifty feature where they just take random photos and it must go to a database where a computer sorts everything by facial recognition. You walk up to a kiosk in the photo area, put your key in and you can see all of your photos. How long has this been going on? Pretty nice feature

Not to drag it a bit off topic but we just got off the Epic and they had a nifty feature where they just take random photos and it must go to a database where a computer sorts everything by facial recognition. You walk up to a kiosk in the photo area, put your key in and you can see all of your photos. How long has this been going on? Pretty nice feature

EXACTLY my point! technology at work! heck Facebook has face recognition. I haven't been on the EPIC yet...but i'm so glad to hear you don't have to hunt for your photos anymore.

now...how were the prices?

I think from memory the cd disc was $249 plus tax.

Im sure i thought $25 aint bad a deal then looked a bit closer and just laughed so hard i choked. Also remember you had to add Spanish VAT onto that price as well. I think the book came in at $180 ish after add ons.

Archived