Eastern Caribbean vs. Western Caribbean

tipfamily

Thanks for all the great tips. I think I'll stick with the Eastern Valor cruise. My husband and I are going in June 2006 to celebrate my graduation/wedding anniversary. I have been going to school off and on taking breaks to have two children and start our family. It has taken me about 7 1/2 years but I'm finally going to get a bachelor's in elementary ed. I am so ready to celebrate. I think with it being our first cruise it doesn't matter where we go it's just going to be nice to get away and anywhere will be an adventure to us. I have read about some people doing a sting ray excursion and that is something I would definately want to try. I also want to go scuba diving or snorkeling I don't know which because I have never done either. We will be porting in Nassau, St. Thomas, and St. Marten. If anyone can offer tips on which is better scuba or snorkeling and where to go would be great. Oh, this is also going to be the first time away from my children for longer than one night, ages 3 and 10 mos. It's going to be so hard for me to leave them that long without missing them so much. I know I will have a blast though and I have a feeling I might join most of you on here and become addicted to cruising! :cool: Thanks again for all the input!! :D

Snorkeling is the way to go!... Scuba diving is not something you pick up on in 1 day... You can take one of those 3 hr classes & go diving in a shallow area but it really takes months of study & diving trips to become proficient enough to enjoy & to become a certified diver... Snorkeling is awesome... You can spend all day out swimming around if you want... Most diving has to be done in 1 hr time spans depending upon how deep you go it could be even shorter... Snorkeling can be done by anyone who can swim ok, put on a life vest, flippers, mask & blow tube & isn't afraid of leaving their face in the water... Buy some waterproof cameras as well... In 20' of water or less, you can take some awesome shots of fish & coral... Enjoy!!! I'll be snorkeling in St. Thomas & St. Marteen in another week!!! Yeah!!!! :D

Archived