HAL Med. Tapestry Oct. 3, 2011- Livorno and others

CarolRoy

Need some info on HAL excursions in Livorno. Not sure if we should book with RomeInLimo (are doing them in Rome) or just do a HAL excursion. Has anyone did just the transfers from the ship to Florence? or Tuscan Landmarks - Florence & Pisa? Lucca?

Any info would be helpful. Didn't think it would so hard to figure out what to do in the ports.

Our ports will be Barcelona, Monte Carlo, Livorno, Civitavecchia, Messina, Nafplion Greece, Corfu, Greece, Katakolon, Greece, Durrovnik, Croaia and end up in Venice. Haven't check boards on these ports yet. So any info would be most appreciated.

We did the ship transfer (not on HAL), and thought it was a decent option, just because it is not super close, and the ship isn't in port for a really long time. It gave us about 5 hours in Florence. (LOVE Florence) I know what you mean about the ports being overwhelming. Feel free to ask as many questions as you like. I compiled all my research for my med cruises onto a website (in my signature) which might help some.

We did the ship transfer (not on HAL), and thought it was a decent option, just because it is not super close, and the ship isn't in port for a really long time. It gave us about 5 hours in Florence. (LOVE Florence) I know what you mean about the ports being overwhelming. Feel free to ask as many questions as you like. I compiled all my research for my med cruises onto a website (in my signature) which might help some.

Thanks so much for the info. The web site is amazing. I have posted it on our HAL Med. Tapestry Cruise (October 3, 2011) for others to view. We weren't sure about going to Pisa. So now we may just spend the time just in Florence.

Thanks again, Carol

Thanks so much for the info. The web site is amazing. I have posted it on our HAL Med. Tapestry Cruise (October 3, 2011) for others to view. We weren't sure about going to Pisa. So now we may just spend the time just in Florence.

Thanks again, Carol

Thanks KayAnne for the website, very useful for my Med Enchantment cruise next week.

Carol - in case it's any help I did this at 4 of your ports

DUBROVNIK

Showing a walk around the old city walls and a great place for a cooling drink.

CORFU

The old town, a trip to the top of the Old Fort, the Esplanade and The Liston.

ANCIENT SANCTUARY OF OLYMPIA 3:24

The Palaestra, Temple of Hera, Altar of Hera, Temple of Zeus, the stadium and the Archaeological Museum.

MESSINA

The Piazza del Duomo and the famous 'show' at noon, plus a look at the Stromboli, a.k.a. the Lighthouse of the Mediterranean on the return to our embarkation port of Civitivecchia.

Tony

Archived