Air Tahiti Nui strike? Any News?

Karensan

We are leaving on the June 29 cruise, and have to fly to Tahiti from LA on Air Tahiti Nui, 4:25 p.m. I read that the airlines has a threatened pilot strike. Any news on this? The Paul Gauguin line has not notified me, but I've seen articles on the possible strike online. Any information will be appreciated. We leave the day after tomorrow!

Monday June 27th, 2011 - 5:30PM (PDT)

Following the strike notice from a limited number of Air Tahiti Nui pilots, Air Tahiti Nui would like to inform it’s passengers of flight schedules for the coming days.

Flights scheduled for Monday June 27th are maintained without any changes.

Flight scheduled for Tuesday June 28th could be impacted with a potential delay of 24 hours for TN02 from Papeete to Los Angeles originally scheduled to depart at 21:00 local time.

We invite passengers scheduled on that flight to contact us to confirm their departure on alternate flights either this Monday night June 27th or Wednesday June 29th. If you are in Tahiti, please call our local number at 46-03-39.

Further info will be provided tomorrow Tuesday June 28th on the flight schedule for Wednesday June 29th and following days. For information on flights which may be affected, you may contact our Los Angeles toll free number at 1-855 835 9286. This number will be open from 7:00am to 5:30PM (PDT)

Please continue to check our website for the latest updates.

Air Tahiti Nui and all its non-striking personnel sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

We are leaving on the June 29 cruise, and have to fly to Tahiti from LA on Air Tahiti Nui, 4:25 p.m. I read that the airlines has a threatened pilot strike. Any news on this? The Paul Gauguin line has not notified me, but I've seen articles on the possible strike online. Any information will be appreciated. We leave the day after tomorrow!

KArensan:

We too are on the flight from LAX to PPT. We received an email from PG - we will be departing as planned - they have actually brought in a flight Air New Zealand to help with these issues. They pomised that we would be able to get to PPT and board the Paul Gauguin. I have been flipping out myself but have been in touch with PG cruises. We are flying out today to LAX and doing a layover there. You should call PG cruises and give them your cell phone number in case there is a flight change - you can be notified. (earlier flight and not later).

Keep your fingers crossed!:confused:

Archived