Drink coupons & music

MZ88

I will be on the Sensation in April. I've read that drink coupons are a good value if you are purchasing frozen foo-foo drinks, would they also be beneficial for white russians since they have two shots of liquor? Or is the price of a whte russians below the "break even" point. Also, would coupons be beneficial for "top shelf" liqours? On a different note (musical), is there music in the oceanview rooms or should we bring a CD player?

the only music I ever heard was in the clubs or the bands playing on the Promenade and Lido decks. There is no radio/CD player in the rooms.

Not sure on the drink coupons. I have never used them. I think they do work on the frozen drinks, not sure on a White Russian. I have read not to waste them on beer purchases because you lose money that way.

The only music I've heard in the room was from the Televisions (i.e. 2 music video stations plus light classical music on the ship's camera station).

My wife and I just got off the Miracle today and we were able to use drink coupons for any drink priced $4.95 or under (these were left over cards from our cruise 3 years ago so I am not sure if the price points changed).

I was able to use these for Scotch, Gin & Vodka selections.

You may purchase drink coupons on Carnival's website. Just go to carnival dot com and click on Gifts. The drink coupons are listed under specialty items. For $19.50 you get 4 coupons. You must have your booking # and cabin # to order online. If you have a GTY room, there is a # listed to call for orders.

We have used the coupons numerous times.. I dont really think of them as saving money.. I like them more for the fact that I can use them and keep my sign and sail account balance down.. Once I have a cruise booked I buy 1 package of 4 every check which is every 2 weeks.. I only drink the frozen drinks.. You can get a drink that costs more than $4.95 but they may charge the difference to your sign and sail account.. it just depends on the person serving you and how they handle it.. I have had some that just take my coupon and charge me nothing more and then some that charge the difference... the difference isnt much so the account still stays down.. I usually just get the smaller glasses..If you get the bigger souvenir carnival glass like the one for the drink of the day I think they are like $5.95 or something like that anyways.. The ones they serve in the lounges when they are doing the different shows are pretty big and they only require the coupon..

When you get to your cabin on the first day there will be pieces of paper telling you that you will get your coupons in the dining room .... The first dinner they will hand them to you in the dining room.. If you dont want to go to dinner that night in the dining room you can go to the maitre d stand and they will give them to you there..

I think you will need to bring your cd player if you want music..

Archived