Wine Issue

I would definately take my chances and sneak wine on board. It is definately a really big money maker for the cruise line. I would purchase the cheap wine in boxes and carefully pack it in your luggage. The cheapest bottle of wine on board was $23.00 and is probably $6.00 per bottle wine. That is the one thing that I would definately do differently. Major ripoff on board.:(

Be sure to vote in the poll as to whether RCI should make us hide the wine now that they have changed their policy. Here is the poll url.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=3295365#post3295365

Also a question if RCI confiscates my wine when I board for a transatlantic cruise and I get off in England and they give it back there will I have to pay customs to bring it into a foreign country?

Have a great next cruise.

I would definately take my chances and sneak wine on board. It is definately a really big money maker for the cruise line. I would purchase the cheap wine in boxes and carefully pack it in your luggage. The cheapest bottle of wine on board was $23.00 and is probably $6.00 per bottle wine. That is the one thing that I would definately do differently. Major ripoff on board.:(

That is a brilliant idea! I never thought of bringing boxed wine. I would never drink it at home...but I imagine there is less chance of it breaking in the luggage like a bottle would.

on our first cruise we read the "contract" and quivered in our boots.

no alcohol brought on board, what are we going to do ???we stuck to the rules.

On our second cruise, we hid our booty in the wardrobe and snuck it out like dastardly fellons.

on our 3rd cruise we got really wise. How many checked in suitcases do you see being scanned in those cages as you drop them off at check in ??

and is your cabin steward going to shop you if he sees booze on the counter top? that would be one less tip for them that week.!!!

We have cruised 14 times now. We pack a wine box in our checked bagage and have had duty free in our carry on. WE have never ever been questioned about our " stuff ". One rule we do stick to, we do have some morals. This is for our private consumption, in our cabin, between consenting adults. If we want a drink in a bar , WE PAY FOR IT

Archived