Back From Our Princess Cruise

Hi Berwyn,

Are you not speaking to me:D I posted last week asking where you went on the Princess cruise (#17) but no reply:rolleyes:

Anyway the pictures look good, did your wife enjoy the frogs legs and snails?

I see you went to Corfu, we've not been there.

By the way, I've just read on the "other site" that Llandudno is being considered as a cruise port! What do you think of that?

Hi Berwyn,

Are you not speaking to me:D I posted last week asking where you went on the Princess cruise (#17) but no reply:rolleyes:

Anyway the pictures look good, did your wife enjoy the frogs legs and snails?

I see you went to Corfu, we've not been there.

By the way, I've just read on the "other site" that Llandudno is being considered as a cruise port! What do you think of that?

Sorry Linda I missed that one. Grovel, grovel :D

We flew to Venice, stayed on ship overnight, Dubrovnik,Katakolon, Athens, Mykonos, Ephesus, Rhodes, Santorini, naples and ended in Rome.

Yes Delyth enjoyed them. Some people will eat anything Snails looked like dark brown fat prawns.

We did a private tour of Corfu and it was lovely. Had been before on a cruise but stayed in Corfu Town then for the day.

If they do start using us as a cruse destination they'll have to tender in. the pier is fine for the old Isle of Man boats that we used to go on for day trips there when I was young, but not for big cruise ships.

Sorry if replies are slow but been working another weekend again and trying to watch Formula 1 last weekend and the golf this weekend.

Berwyn

Sorry Linda I missed that one. Grovel, grovel :D

We flew to Venice, stayed on ship overnight, Dubrovnik,Katakolon, Athens, Mykonos, Ephesus, Rhodes, Santorini, naples and ended in Rome.

Yes Delyth enjoyed them. Some people will eat anything Snails looked like dark brown fat prawns.

We did a private tour of Corfu and it was lovely. Had been before on a cruise but stayed in Corfu Town then for the day.

If they do start using us as a cruse destination they'll have to tender in. the pier is fine for the old Isle of Man boats that we used to go on for day trips there when I was young, but not for big cruise ships.

Sorry if replies are slow but been working another weekend again and trying to watch Formula 1 last weekend and the golf this weekend.

Berwyn

Hi Berwyn,

You are forgiven! I forgot some people have to work for a living :D

That itinererary sounds great. I quite fancy that, but we have to rein ourselves in as the old savings have dropped right down, what with the ridiculous interest rates and us booking so many holidays. Still it's only money:rolleyes: If we don't spend it know the goverment will take it off us later;)

This is a link to the stuff about Llandudno

http://www.cruises.co.uk/109-cruise_news/21213-llandudno_cruise_port_potential.html?utm_source=150711&utm_medium=ROCKNROLL&utm_campaign=NEWS

Perhaps you could give me some advice on what to visit in North Wales, when we dock at Anglesey. I fancy Caernarfon Castle, but think Conwy and Beaumaris also look good. Any recommendations?

Hi Berwyn,

You are forgiven! I forgot some people have to work for a living :D

That itinererary sounds great. I quite fancy that, but we have to rein ourselves in as the old savings have dropped right down, what with the ridiculous interest rates and us booking so many holidays. Still it's only money:rolleyes: If we don't spend it know the goverment will take it off us later;)

This is a link to the stuff about Llandudno

http://www.cruises.co.uk/109-cruise_news/21213-llandudno_cruise_port_potential.html?utm_source=150711&utm_medium=ROCKNROLL&utm_campaign=NEWS

Perhaps you could give me some advice on what to visit in North Wales, when we dock at Anglesey. I fancy Caernarfon Castle, but think Conwy and Beaumaris also look good. Any recommendations?

Hi Linda,

So relieved I am forgiven :D ,

North Wales is either castle towns or countryside.

Caernarfon is a typical Edwardian castle but very renovated and no town walls. Beaumaris was built after the main fighting between English and Welsh so not really typical.

Conwy is authentic built and still has town walls, but castle is authentic and a bit more bashed about..

You can't really go wrong with any of the 3 in the time you would have.

Berwyn

Hi Berwyn,

Thanks for the advice. I will let you know which trip we choose:D

Might even post a review of the Crown Princess:)

That would be handy then I could compare the 2 ships.

I've just seen the cruise itinerary. Make sure you don't stay in Holyhead, it's not much of a town. Mainly dominated now by the big ferry terminals for the Irish Sea crossing. Rest of Anglesey is lovely as is the N. Wales countryside.

Your cruise next February on her looks more interesting.

Berwyn

That would be handy then I could compare the 2 ships.

I've just seen the cruise itinerary. Make sure you don't stay in Holyhead, it's not much of a town. Mainly dominated now by the big ferry terminals for the Irish Sea crossing. Rest of Anglesey is lovely as is the N. Wales countryside.

Your cruise next February on her looks more interesting.

Berwyn

Yes, we are going to the Carribean with a couple of friends. We went with them, 2 years ago on the Sea Princess, it was great. I still love the Braemar, but our friend will only go on Princess Cruises. What I like about "Fred" is that it is not too formal and not too informal a bit like Thomson. I just wish that Thomson would buy their ships and do them up like "Fred"

We booked the round Britain one about a year ago, as we have never been to Ireland or Scotland, which is terrible really isn't it. I have been to Wales a few times though. We went to Butlins at Pwllheli a few years ago and the scenery was fantastic. We went to Snowdon, but the wait to go up was so long, we went on a train, I think, to a mine. It was a long time back the old memory is going:rolleyes:

Anyway, I am looking forward to them both and we have booked the Eclipse to the Canaries next September, as we had to cancel our trip on her last year.

Yes, we are going to the Carribean with a couple of friends. We went with them, 2 years ago on the Sea Princess, it was great. I still love the Braemar, but our friend will only go on Princess Cruises. What I like about "Fred" is that it is not too formal and not too informal a bit like Thomson. I just wish that Thomson would buy their ships and do them up like "Fred"

We booked the round Britain one about a year ago, as we have never been to Ireland or Scotland, which is terrible really isn't it. I have been to Wales a few times though. We went to Butlins at Pwllheli a few years ago and the scenery was fantastic. We went to Snowdon, but the wait to go up was so long, we went on a train, I think, to a mine. It was a long time back the old memory is going:rolleyes:

Anyway, I am looking forward to them both and we have booked the Eclipse to the Canaries next September, as we had to cancel our trip on her last year.

Hi Linda,

Sorry for slow reply we were away the weekend. Just me and Delyth in a Premier Inn in Oswestry. Not to far to go for weekend but far enough to feel you've been away.

Like you we've never been to Ireland and only once to Scotland on a short coach break. We will have to sort that out and try to get up to Scotland again

Berwyn

Oooh! Did you have a lovely romantic weekend:D

Ooh, Yes!! Nudge, nudge, wink , wink :D

Lovely weather, nice hotel, good food and beautiful Shropshire countryside.

We went to Chirk Castle National Trust property. (Well we had to do something while the chambermaid cleaned the room) :D

Berwyn

Archived