Florence on a Monday?

Has anyone expereince of Florence on a Monday?

I know that most museums will be closed.

Is it appreciably quieter on a Monday and therefore perhaps a good day to just have a wander around?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Alan

What time of year? We were there on a Monday a couple of years ago and yes Mondays are quiter than other days. However, it will still be very crowded during peak season.

cruisinsince75,

We will be there at the begining of July 2005.

Alan

You will miss David and the Uffizi....but you will also miss hours of lines. there is a replica of David at Caesers in Las Vegas. You can go into the post/office store at the Uffizi and get postcards of artwork. on the plus side you will have more time to wander the streets and enjoy.

Funny, I just wrote about this on another thread...The first time we went to Florence years ago, we were only there one day, and it was a Monday. I didn't realize that the Accademia was going to be closed, and I was SO disappointed that we didn't get to see the David. But hey, this will just give you a good excuse to make sure you get back there some day! I've since been back several times, and I'm very glad I got to see it.

But yes, this will be a nice break from the usual hectic July days in Florence. Enjoy! And if you are going to have time for a nice sit-down meal, check out Il Cibreo -- best restaurant in Florence, IMO. :)

LeeAnne

LeeAnne and Captain Canuck

Thanks for the tips ! We are little disappointed to miss some of the museums, however it is relatively easy for us to "pop over" to Florence for another visit :D

cruisinsince75

We are on the Millennium out of Barcelona on July 2nd, we're spending a few days in Barcelona pre-cruise........can't come quick enough :D

Alan

Florence is busy everyday in the summer . However it is nice to get lost in the city . If you lkie to shop there are great open markets for leather and knock offs. The boutiques are also open but are very expensive. Don't forget to go the Ponte Vecchio bridge where they sell all that fabulous jewlery . Enjoy the day .Florence is beautiful . If you are doing it on your own be mindful of the time so you won't miss the ship . :)

Archived