Galaxy Tab on ship

airlink diva

I have a galaxy tab that I will bring on my upcoming cruise. Want to know if anyone have use one on board?

I know as a rule that the internet is rather slow (as a rule) on ships. I normally just write my items ahead and then paste it to save time. But want to know if you could use the ship services.

Anyone??

I have tried to surf the Internet using my SMARTphone which is both 3g and WIFI. The data charges are VERY expensive and from what I can recall, the only practical option was to use the ships Internet cafe.

I will be bringing my Galaxy on my cruise but I am using before we set sail and afterwards.

FYI, the Samsung Galaxy is always updating. If you run the risk of hooking to the ship towers VIA 3g, you will incur a cost of $20.48 per MB of data. That takes no time.

One time when I returned from India, I had somehow accidentally been switched from the international data plan to the roaming plan. The bill came close to $5400. Forunately, after a week of reasearch by my carrier they realized it was their fault and reversed all the charges. That 5400 gave me many sleepless nights wondeirng if my case was going to prove me innocent. I also had a similar clerical error when I was at Turks and Caicos with another miscommunication issue. That bill was only $800 and we agreed that I would pay $200 of it.

Thanks everyone for replying!

I understand what you saying Prchoudh. I was in Ecuador in April and made sure that I kept the Wifi "off" unless I needed it. Kept the usage pricing under $75.

I will need it to check flight info on the last day. I guess getting up at 5 a.m. to get local rates will have to do.

Archived