belize tourism village question

kokopops

After you get off the tender, you can go to the info desk (down the street to left and in building on the right is an info counter). They have free maps of the area right outside the doors. Some people outside the doors will offer you tours, we did the horse and buggy tour and it was 20.00 to see the immediate area...was interesting to see how the locals lived (lots of schools for the kids) poor area but people seemed friendly.

There is also a couple of markets to purchase stuff...however I did not see anything more special outside the doors than I did in the tender area. Prices were comparable.

I think if you really want to see Belize, you need to book an excursion.

Has Carival returned Belize as a port? I thought that they stopped sailing there, but might have missed if they returned.

Oh yes! Months and Months ago. There was a brief period of a couple or three weeks where there was a stand off over costs of tenders, but all is well.

Archived