Passages bookings

2SeaWithMe

If you booked using a passages cert, and you transferred it to a TA, is that it? Or could you transfer it to a different TA or cancel and use the same cert to re-book, or are you out that deposit now?

Assuming it's before final payment date.

We have a Passages that was automatically assigned to the TA we booked the cruise with.

I contacted Celebrity to see if I could get that assigned back to ME so I could book independently. The rep said I could try to fill out the transfer form in reverse and fax it in - but he didn't think they would do it.

Perhaps if I escalated, talked to a supervisor, etc. - I might be able to get it done, but frankly it's not worth the trouble to me.

:confused:Are we sure we're talking about the same thing? A Future Passages certificate is not a booking, per se. You have no obligation to use it for the forseeable future. What if the TA goes out of business in the meantime?

I have both purchased a FP certificate and booked the next cruise while on board. In neither case were they automatically assigned to the TA I had used. Instead, for both, it was suggested that I use the booking transfer form to transfer to my TA of choice to gain whatever additional benefits they were offering, with the transfer form to be used with the FP certificate within 60 days after I had used it to actually book a cruise.

I can see no advantage nor any reason to have a FP certificate assigned to a TA.

Every time I have made an OB booking or purchased a Passages Certificate, I have had to remind the consultant that they were not to go to the TA. It seems like it defaults to the TA that holds the cruise that you are presently on. Maybe their system populates the new booking from your present booking information and it seems like they have to make a manual change to give it to me.:confused:

This is my current "dilema" (Oh, to have such problems! :D )

I booked a cruise for Nov. and used a passages (FCC). So in doing so, it's booked first under the res. number on the cert with Celebrity, and than transferred to the TA.

Today, I see what I believe is a very good deal as far as same price, $500 more OBC, and some additional perks for my category. I don't know how possible it is to move the passages once it's booked. i.e. "one and done" and I lost that deposit if I were to change.

I'm in a group now and even for $500, I would think twice about changing but some of the benefits in my group are not yet secured because the host hasn't been secured (if I'm allowed to say, it's a mariner club sailing) and supposedly if those benefits don't happen, I'll be offered a "generous" obc.

Basically, I'd rather take promised cash over a possible benefit or what they deem a generous OBC if I had the option.

Every time I have made an OB booking or purchased a Passages Certificate, I have had to remind the consultant that they were not to go to the TA. It seems like it defaults to the TA that holds the cruise that you are presently on. Maybe their system populates the new booking from your present booking information and it seems like they have to make a manual change to give it to me.:confused:

That could well be-- I'm sure I mentioned to the Future Cruise Consultant that I wanted to be able to transfer the booking to a TA once I got home. There was no question about needing or even being able to transfer a Future Passages certificate to a TA, though.

Yup - that's what happened to me with the Passages Certificate. It was the first time I purchased one and had no idea this would happen, so I didn't think to ask our provide different instructions. Live and learn.

What if the TA goes out of business in the meantime?

I assume in that case they would have to give it back to me - but let's hope it doesn't come to that.

I can see no advantage nor any reason to have a FP certificate assigned to a TA.

Agreed - but that's what I ended up with.

Archived