Free of charge email from ship to home?

fonrouge82

I believe I read that carnival provides email free of charge while on board to home. Did I imagine this? I can't find it on the Carnival website. If you have done this, would you tell me how you did? :confused:

Thanks so much!

Crystal

Hmm maybe you saw this and got the details mixed up...From FAQ re Internet

CruisE-mail™ - is our personalized email service set up as a convenience for those guests who either do not have their own email or are unable to access their own service provider. There is an additional charge of $3.95 for each outgoing (sent) message. No additional charges apply for received (incoming) messages. The feature is not available on the Carnival Dream and Magic.

You imagined it.

You can get free access to Carnival.com which has a forum section under Funville. You can post things back and forth there, but the whole world could read (if interested). You would need an account - also free.

Adding on--

Look for Carnival Connections then Currently Onboard. It is free to use onboard. Need to be signed up to post and it is a public forum.

I believe I read that carnival provides email free of charge while on board to home. Did I imagine this? I can't find it on the Carnival website. If you have done this, would you tell me how you did? :confused:

Thanks so much!

Crystal

They used to give you a free account that was a combination of your name, cabin number, ships name or something like that. But you still have to pay for the internet access.

About the only thing free on a cruise ship is the air - unless you're going scuba diving.

Adding on--

Look for Carnival Connections then Currently Onboard. It is free to use onboard. Need to be signed up to post and it is a public forum.

Thank you so much Sadie. This is exactly what I meant. I didn't realize it was a public forum, thought it was email, but it will serve the purpose that I need. :):)

Archived