Senior discounts

marydallas

We booked our up-coming cruise on last year's Baltic cruise in early July. At that point, we were overjoyed to get a C1 aft cabin for the C3 price + $200 OBC. Never, ever expected to get a better deal!

I've read SO much on CC about saving $$ on booked cabin that I usually check 2/3 times a week - not as regular as PartyAllDaTyme (love that name!!). About 2 months ago C3 cabins were reduced and I E-mailed my TA. Celebrity came back and said they'd honor the price reduction BUT for a C3 cabin not our aft - no way, we kept the aft at the original savings. Meanwhile, the C1 cabins had sky-rocketed in price!

Then about a month ago the Senior Rate came along for C1 cabins and Celebrity honored the price drop and we then saved over $1400 - a dream!!!! Never happened in our other cruises!

I'm glad you got the discount but there seems to have been a mistake in how Celebrity handled it. I have it in writing from Celebrity that when you make an onboard booking and get the upgrade, your cabin is fared at the lower category and you can claim price drops in that category without losing the upgrade. You should have been eligible for the C3 price drop without losing your C1 cabin. If it happens in the future, I'd be happy to forward my copy of the email to anyone who needs it for verification. Or feel free to email Celebrity and ask but this is what I have been given as their policy.

can you please let me know when you spot a discount, and celebrity honors it, is this off of an already booked cruise - or on a newly booked cruise. Thanks you. Have a great fourth. Mary

booked cruise about a month ago when i found a good price for aqua. checked several times, then thur it was down $200 pp. fri it was back up, go to website and look for your cruise like you are going to book it. then jump on it.

... It would be rare for Special Rates to be posted this far out from April 2012. The cruise line waits to see how the cruise is selling, and offers Special Rates on cruises that need a boost in sales starting maybe six months out [that time period is a guess on my part]....

Not always the case. Sometimes it seems as though X prices cruises a little higher to see if they can sell cabins at the better rate. For example, my Canal cruise (May 2012) has been showing lower "Senior" rates for a few days now. Not on all cabins (I'm in a FV which will probably never drop in price since they are very few around) but most balconies and oceanviews are reduced. And BTW, even though X says the cabin is for 5 people, just my wife and I are in the FV and one shows available now for booking with no restrictions i.e. book it for less than 5.

Not always the case. Sometimes it seems as though X prices cruises a little higher to see if they can sell cabins at the better rate. For example, my Canal cruise (May 2012) has been showing lower "Senior" rates for a few days now. Not on all cabins (I'm in a FV which will probably never drop in price since they are very few around) but most balconies and oceanviews are reduced. And BTW, even though X says the cabin is for 5 people, just my wife and I are in the FV and one shows available now for booking with no restrictions i.e. book it for less than 5.

Keep checking! The FV on our November cruise went from $1799 to $1009 on a residency discount--so we (2) grabbed it.

I must admit I am a bit leery, the furnishings look very spartan, and I am surprised there is no TV in the 'master' bedroom, but it will be nice to have all the extra room. It only cost us $60/pp more than the balcony guarantee we had already booked!

Keep checking! The FV on our November cruise went from $1799 to $1009 on a residency discount--so we (2) grabbed it.

I must admit I am a bit leery, the furnishings look very spartan, and I am surprised there is no TV in the 'master' bedroom, but it will be nice to have all the extra room. It only cost us $60/pp more than the balcony guarantee we had already booked!

I think when you see the balcony, you'll forget about watching TV. I do keep checking and hope it will drop, but if not, I plan on spending a lot of time on that huge balcony (8181) while going thru the Canal.

We had 8181 on Constellation in March and it was wonderful. Of course we always book aft so we're partial to those cabins anyway. We gave up a cc aft for the extra space and it was well worth it.

Also, Constellation has been refurbished so it had TV's, flat screens, in both rooms. Nice touch.

Pat C

We had 8181 on Constellation in March and it was wonderful. Of course we always book aft so we're partial to those cabins anyway. We gave up a cc aft for the extra space and it was well worth it.

Also, Constellation has been refurbished so it had TV's, flat screens, in both rooms. Nice touch.

Pat C

We are soooo looking forward to being in this cabin for the Canal cruise. Millie will just be out of drydock and while I have never been a fan of booking right after a refurbishment, this is the last one of the four and I hope X has figured out how to do it right. :rolleyes:

Our friends are in 8166 and 7199 (all couples) so it should be a blast. :cool:

We booked the Celebrity Solstice cruise this past March, 2011 and put down a $900 deposit.

I checked on Celebrity's website on Thursday morning and saw that they were offering a discount for seniors 55 + so I immediately called Celebrity and got our cabin changed and saved $400 per person. We were also able to keep our $300 on board credit so saved a total of $1,100.00 and got a better cabin to boot.

Then I checked on Friday and today and the senior discount was gone for the cabin that we had but only offered it for suites, and the conceriege class cabins. One day they were there the next day they were gone.

You have to act fast.

It pays to keep checking and since I booked directly with Celebrity I did not have to go through a travel agent.

Archived