How updated are the cabins on Destiny?

betmar8694

I think people should be made aware just how crappy some of the cabins are on the Destiny

The TOPIC OF THIS THREAD....HOW UPDATED ARE THE CABINS ON DESTINY....SIMPLE ANSWER .....NOT UPDATED....OLD BATHROOMS....NO SHELVES....MOLD.....OLD CABINENTS....OLD TUBE TV WITH NO MOUNTING BRACKET THAT IS PLOPPED ON THE COUNTER.....THAT IS THE ANSWER

If you would just stick to the experience of your room and stop discounting the experience of others you may not come off as vindictive and grinding an axe. I will not debate if your room had mold in the bathroom as I did not witness your room, however you did not witness my room either. The bigger than life TV could also fall into the same category. As for the shelves in the bathroom, I find it hard to believe it really made that much difference. Maybe just maybe you went on this cruise feeling like you could control many more things than you really could being a group leader. When things started not going your way (uninvited guest entering events) you attempted to flex you muscle but found out the other guest was higher in the pecking order. This may have infuriated you and perhaps your behavior changed to the staff. The staff then responded in a manner that made your experience even worse. The TV was an inconvenience in using the phone. The waitstaff probably served guests that more appreciated the service that left you until the end because of the desire to maximize the opportunity for a full or greater tip (why spend alot of time trying to serve someone who appears to be miserable and impossible to please). Everything on the ship is not great but it not as bad as you make it seem IMO.

Not a few years ago...last October, Oct 28 2010

why do you care what I post?? I see a lot of bad reviews about Destiny

some people put down Carnival as a whole....some call it "Walmart of the Seas" or whatever...I don't do that. I do post facts about what I consider to be Carnival's worst ship.

and you can't argue the stats.....the size of the lido buffet vs the amount of passengers

I am posting facts.

You seem......... hmmm how should I put this.... Angry :D

Uhm calm down, take a chill pill, be easy, all that good stuff.

You are letting what people say get to you like really crazily. It's making you seem kind of crazy. Chill out man or (wo)man.

If you would just stick to the experience of your room and stop discounting the experience of others you may not come off as vindictive and grinding an axe. I will not debate if your room had mold in the bathroom as I did not witness your room, however you did not witness my room either. The bigger than life TV could also fall into the same category. As for the shelves in the bathroom, I find it hard to believe it really made that much difference. Maybe just maybe you went on this cruise feeling like you could control many more things than you really could being a group leader. When things started not going your way (uninvited guest entering events) you attempted to flex you muscle but found out the other guest was higher in the pecking order. This may have infuriated you and perhaps your behavior changed to the staff. The staff then responded in a manner that made your experience even worse. The TV was an inconvenience in using the phone. The waitstaff probably served guests that more appreciated the service that left you until the end because of the desire to maximize the opportunity for a full or greater tip (why spend alot of time trying to serve someone who appears to be miserable and impossible to please). Everything on the ship is not great but it not as bad as you make it seem IMO.

Maybe maybe maybe....maybe....

I have tried to stick to the fact that the question was..."how upgraded are the cabins on Destiny">>> mine was NOT upgraded at all....it was the worst cabin I ever had on any ship period

However.....you have a lot of freaking nerve to say that the "guest was higher in the pecking order">> said "guest" is a stalker who was waylaid by security (*finally) on the last night and removed to another dining room

More of your odd speculation...."the waitstaff probably served guests who more appreciated the service'>> give me a break....the waitstaff were crappy period....slow, understaffed....the whole dinner scene was a mess....oh and ARE you saying that said waitstaff decided that pouring vanilla sauce from a used pitcher from a dirty table was oK???

How is that sanitary?? Is that what you are saying?????????????????

if YOU read my review, I was complimentary to the entertainers, and the musicians....and the islands.

The service staff...from the lousy waiters to the bossy "wine lady" to the hotel manager were simply the worst

And...the ship is ugly, water lukewarm in shower, the tv was a huge annoyance, everything in the cabin really looked shoddy. Older ships and newer ships have much nicer cabins.

I could make up things about many of you "they never were on a ship before so the cracked tiles and mold didn't bother them" or "they thought the bathroom with it's mold looked better than their own at home"

Oh...I also find it kind of funny that a new poster with 14 posts would be this focused on a cruise I took last October

your speculation is simply ridiculous

let's get back to the question..."how" upgraded are the cabins on Destiny.....answer....NOT

You seem......... hmmm how should I put this.... Angry :D

Uhm calm down, take a chill pill, be easy, all that good stuff.

You are letting what people say get to you like really crazily. It's making you seem kind of crazy. Chill out man or (wo)man.

LOL.... no I think it is kind of funny to watch people who feel they have to justify their poor choice of what I feel is the worst ship in Carnival's fleet

It would be neat to do a poll...what ship has the worst cabins?? I vote Destiny...the fact that someone's kid had a good time is nice but doesn't change facts.

I totally accept that you do not like Destiny, I just get tired of reading the same comments over and over and over. Anyone who searches for information on Destiny will find your comments, so you don't have to beat us to death with them.

Groundhog day I tell you....

Maybe maybe maybe....maybe....

I have tried to stick to the fact that the question was..."how upgraded are the cabins on Destiny">>> mine was NOT upgraded at all....it was the worst cabin I ever had on any ship period

said "guest" is a stalker who was waylaid by security (*finally) on the last night and removed to another dining room

More of your odd speculation...."the waitstaff probably served guests who more appreciated the service'>> give me a break....the waitstaff were crappy period....slow, understaffed....the whole dinner scene was a mess....oh and ARE you saying that said waitstaff decided that pouring vanilla sauce from a used pitcher from a dirty table was oK???

How is that sanitary?? Is that what you are saying?????????????????

The service staff...from the lousy waiters to the bossy "wine lady" to the hotel manager were simply the worst

And...the ship is ugly, water lukewarm in shower, the tv was a huge annoyance, everything in the cabin really looked shoddy. Older ships and newer ships have much nicer cabins.

Oh...I also find it kind of funny that a new poster with 14 posts would be this focused on a cruise I took last October

let's get back to the question..."how" upgraded are the cabins on Destiny.....answer....NOT

I truly belive that your cabin was not upgraded. I'm not trying to change your mind. However that was your cabin and not the entire ship.

The "stalker" --You identified that he was a milestone level cruiser and received permission from the hotel director to enter your private events. This tells me that atleast the hotel director viewed him as higher on the pecking order. By your own statements you and your travel agent tried to not let him participate. He convinced Carnival that he was a valuable guest and they let him in. The stalker even told you he was going to do this and then succeeded. He was "waylaid" by security only after crossing a line on the last day of the cruise not because you non stop complaining to anyone who would listen on the ship. These were your words not mine.

I do not think for a minute that putting sauce from a dirty table on your food is sanitary or acceptable. I am suggesting that it might not be a good idea to complain to people that are serving you food to a point that you cause them to take actions that are inappropriate. Not excusing their behavior. Working fast food in a previous job i can tell you that it is a positive that it was done in front of you rather than behind your back. You then had a choice to not eat the food knowing what had just been done.

One of my balcony cabins was updated one was not. I will not compare to the suite because that is a completely different class of room.

The fact that I only have 15 posts and I'm responding to you should tell you something. Your posts are so imbalanced as to what i witnessed on my trips on the Destiny. Is it a pristine paradise? No Is it the hell you lead everyone to believe? No

Now back to the original question are the rooms upgraded?

ANSWER: SOME ARE AND SOME ARE NOT.

THIS IS A FACT

Hi I just got off the Destiny in an aft room -6375 which had an old tv but my brother had aft 6379 which had a flat screen but his cabin was smaller than ours. I think they replace the tvs as they break

Hi I just got off the Destiny in an aft room -6375 which had an old tv but my brother had aft 6379 which had a flat screen but his cabin was smaller than ours. I think they replace the tvs as they break

Thanks for that info! We have aft cabins too.

Were the TV's on the counter or mounted up on the wall?

. . . I do not think for a minute that putting sauce from a dirty table on your food is sanitary or acceptable. I am suggesting that it might not be a good idea to complain to people that are serving you food to a point that you cause them to take actions that are inappropriate. Not excusing their behavior. Working fast food in a previous job i can tell you that it is a positive that it was done in front of you rather than behind your back. You then had a choice to not eat the food knowing what had just been done. . . .

Well, once again, a post of yours makes me smile. Nicely composed. :)

I truly belive that your cabin was not upgraded. I'm not trying to change your mind. However that was your cabin and not the entire ship.

The "stalker" --You identified that he was a milestone level cruiser and received permission from the hotel director to enter your private events. This tells me that atleast the hotel director viewed him as higher on the pecking order.

LOL at YOU >>>> the Hotel Director was totally wrong....he kowtowed to the jerk....the jerk was put in check by security and barred from coming near me or my group. I could tell you a lot more but I won't...let's just say Carnival addressed this severe breach of safety, security and group integrity

By your own statements you and your travel agent tried to not let him participate. He convinced Carnival that he was a valuable guest and they let him in. The stalker even told you he was going to do this and then succeeded. He was "waylaid" by security only after crossing a line on the last day of the cruise not because you non stop complaining to anyone who would listen on the ship. These were your words not mine.

Wrong...once again...this was a severe breach of security and group integrity from the start, it was the same as if you had a wedding and I crashed it.

I do not think for a minute that putting sauce from a dirty table on your food is sanitary or acceptable. I am suggesting that it might not be a good idea to complain to people that are serving you food to a point that you cause them to take actions that are inappropriate.

BS.....the nincompoop who put the used sauce was some young assistant that I never saw before. He was not my "regular" (incompetant) waiter. He was passing by and I asked him for vanilla sauce and he poured the used dollop of sauce

There was NOTHING I did to deserve any of this...other than bring a LOT of people onto that ship of fools. I never had such horrible service...ever. The dining room was totally understaffed. The seating was horrible for a group.

Not excusing their behavior. Working fast food in a previous job i can tell you that it is a positive that it was done in front of you rather than behind your back. You then had a choice to not eat the food knowing what had just been done.

You are admitting you have done horrible things like that/? OUCG

One of my balcony cabins was updated one was not. I will not compare to the suite because that is a completely different class of room.

My cabin was NOT updated

The fact that I only have 15 posts and I'm responding to you should tell you something. Your posts are so imbalanced as to what i witnessed on my trips on the Destiny. Is it a pristine paradise? No Is it the hell you lead everyone to believe? No

Now back to the original question are the rooms upgraded?

ANSWER: SOME ARE AND SOME ARE NOT.

THIS IS A FACT

And...I think Destiny is the worst ship in Carnival's fleet....my opinion. Yuck.

I agree you believe it to be the worst in the fleet. I think that there are areas for upgrades. The service I received was not anything like yours. The waitstaff in the dining room outstanding except for the bar service which was lacking in the dining room. Barstaff at the sports bar piano bar and the comedy club very good. My rooms were clean and no mold (bathrooms not new but clean and the shower being much larger was good). I personally never put anything unsanitary on anyones food and never said I did. I would like an explaination from you on why you think your service was so bad when others report such extremely different service. If you want to accuse me of having low standards that would simply not be true so try something other than that. There must be a logical answer to this question. Training would not seem to be logical as they are trained by teh same staff. One other thing the "stalker did not tell you that he would be on teh cruise and attending the functions of the group because I'm sure that is what you have reported in the past. He did convince the hotel manger to let him in your functions as you have reported that when you ask security that is what security told you. Also in the contract that we seem to quote on these boards wuite frequently where does it state that the group will be set together and be able to move tables at will changing between from night to night. Although this option may be granted for most groups it did not occur on this cruise. In my experience when service people are treated with respect and dignity they repond much more to the liking of the customer.

Again back to the original question which I now think we can agree upon some cabins are updated except for the bathrooms which are dated with colors and tiling that is not to my preference and some have not been updated. The bedding and linens are updated in all cabins. The furniture is very similiar to teh Conquest and Spirit class ships as far as color and function. I personally have not been on any Fantasy class ships so I can not compare against those.

Average member ratings for the Destiny, Fantasy, Imagination, Sensation, Inspiration all have a average rating of 4 stars.

Source: Member ratings on Cruise Critic web site.

Destiny has higher ratings than the above listed ships

Source: Vac 2 Go site.

As the average ratings by all members who care to write a review are almost identical for each of these ships I submit they are very similiar to the public. I'm sure as with any statistical survey the numbers can be manipulated to one of many different outcomes. I'm sure one could find people which report items outside the average.

Thanks for that info! We have aft cabins too.

Were the TV's on the counter or mounted up on the wall?

They were on the counter - a bit inconvient but it depends on how much stuff you have - there is plenty of closet space.

I agree you believe it to be the worst in the fleet. I think that there are areas for upgrades. The service I received was not anything like yours. The waitstaff in the dining room outstanding except for the bar service which was lacking in the dining room. Barstaff at the sports bar piano bar and the comedy club very good. My rooms were clean and no mold (bathrooms not new but clean and the shower being much larger was good). I personally never put anything unsanitary on anyones food and never said I did. I would like an explaination from you on why you think your service was so bad when others report such extremely different service. If you want to accuse me of having low standards that would simply not be true so try something other than that. There must be a logical answer to this question. Training would not seem to be logical as they are trained by teh same staff. One other thing the "stalker did not tell you that he would be on teh cruise and attending the functions of the group because I'm sure that is what you have reported in the past. He did convince the hotel manger to let him in your functions as you have reported that when you ask security that is what security told you. Also in the contract that we seem to quote on these boards wuite frequently where does it state that the group will be set together and be able to move tables at will changing between from night to night. Although this option may be granted for most groups it did not occur on this cruise. In my experience when service people are treated with respect and dignity they repond much more to the liking of the customer.

Again back to the original question which I now think we can agree upon some cabins are updated except for the bathrooms which are dated with colors and tiling that is not to my preference and some have not been updated. The bedding and linens are updated in all cabins. The furniture is very similiar to teh Conquest and Spirit class ships as far as color and function. I personally have not been on any Fantasy class ships so I can not compare against those.

Exactly D. I completely agree with all your posts and very well written..DH and I even the Kids could not believe the service...We were so impressed and had such a great experience what else can I say...They brought us things that we didnt ask for to try and we were never rushed it was just awesome....and before someone posts something negative again, we do dine in nice restaurants and know Excellent service and we DID have Excellent Service on our Destiny Cruise!!

Ummm....I have mostly been on group cruises in the past 8 years.

They always say that you can "mix and mingle"...and they always have large tables. Once again... before the cruise we were GIVEN A good SEATING ARRANGEMENT OF LARGE TABLES....ACTUALLY 2 DIFFERENT SEATING CHARTS, both were fine.

I boarded with 12 cute "centerpieces" for our group tables...BUT instead of the seating chart of 12 tables I had ?? 30 +++or more....booths....a booth way across the room....a booth "above" the rest of the tables...2 tops, 4 tops....very very awkward for single people

I had a guy and a gal that were seated "by their card number" at a honeymoon type table for 2

Any and every singles group cruise...or other "real" group cruise will say "seating area for our group, mix and mingle at tables"....that is the way it is done. You may not realize it, but that is standard

This was such a mess...and getting our "free" wine bottles, 2 per cabin, around the scattered seating was a nightmare made worse by an unfriendly dictator little 23 year old Russian "wine lady"

The management of this ship was horrible in every way. NOT having use of my phone made it so hard...I had notes on my door to call people, missed calls...I actually had to stand on a house phone to call people back (people who had legit complaints....like they didn't get their wine bottle or whatever, or had cabin problems. I was NOT the only one with cabin problems...>I was just the go between, with NO phone to help me)

This was NOT my "first rodeo"... I have been on many group cruises...and we are always seated together at large tables. Yes, some "groups" like the CC groups are people who may or may not wish to sit together, but singles cruises always always are seated together at large tables and NON group members are NOT welcome at their functions. Group members have group perks. That is standard. We have NEVER had these problems on any ship but Destiny

as far as Fantasy class.... I have only been on Imagination but I do love it. They totally "gutted" the cabins...put in whole new bathroom, new closets, dressers, etc....everything like new...flat screen tvs....the cabins are every bit as nice as Glory and nicer IMHO than Valor.

So you have not had these problems on any other cruise? That is a good thing. I assume that the previous Destiny cruise did not have any ot these problems. I spend time studying people and their actions and find it hard to believe that one person can be the victim of so many bad things in such a short period of time and not brought some additional things upon self. Humans in general tend to repond in a manner that is similiar to how they treat people. As an outside observer from your cruise and only looking at the posts you have made, I will submit that the biggest problem you encountered on the Destiny was related to the service you received and not the ship's current state of repair or disrepair. It just seems that every Destiny thread that comes up you respond in such a negative way and try to persuade others that they will not enjoy their trip. It does appear that you are making good on a promise or threat to Carnival that you will do everything within your ability to vilify this ship. The comments you make are extremely out of balance and do not paint a fair assessment of the ship to the general public. Your experiences are yours and I will not try to change your mind but I will report my experience in an attempt to add balance.

So you have not had these problems on any other cruise? That is a good thing. I assume that the previous Destiny cruise did not have any ot these problems. I spend time studying people and their actions and find it hard to believe that one person can be the victim of so many bad things in such a short period of time and not brought some additional things upon self. Humans in general tend to repond in a manner that is similiar to how they treat people. As an outside observer from your cruise and only looking at the posts you have made, I will submit that the biggest problem you encountered on the Destiny was related to the service you received and not the ship's current state of repair or disrepair. It just seems that every Destiny thread that comes up you respond in such a negative way and try to persuade others that they will not enjoy their trip. It does appear that you are making good on a promise or threat to Carnival that you will do everything within your ability to vilify this ship. The comments you make are extremely out of balance and do not paint a fair assessment of the ship to the general public. Your experiences are yours and I will not try to change your mind but I will report my experience in an attempt to add balance.

you have very well written posts and are very truthful & fair :)! & it does anger me personally having a FANTASIC TIME on the DESTINY, that some people bash the same ship with the same comments on every DESTINY POST(I like reading other peoples reviews & pics of the DESTINY FYI)! I think the DESTINY IS BETTER OFF WITHOUT THOSE BITTER PEOPLE ON HER! Sorry if what I say offends people but this is how I feel!

Nonsense....IF I wanted to "hurt" Carnival, I would bash the whole line like some other people do, calling it the Walmart of the Seas or whatever, I don't do that. I do consider the Destiny to be a real disappointment, and I had horrible service

I don't consider Destiny to be in a class with the other Carnival ships.

Longer lines in buffet....horrible service.....and cabins that need a whole overhaul. Ugh

I think it is hillarious that people here will try to "override" others opinions with their own. I NEVER feel the need to try to call people liars....or say that didn't have a "good" experience (then again some people enjoy an old motel at the seaside or whatever)

Unlike many of YOU I don't care what sort of cabin I have...inside, balcony, outside..whatever...>I don't pick the floor or worry about an "aft"....I don't smoke...I don't drink very much....I am not real picky...I have only been to steakhouse 1x.... I doubt I would ever do the "chef table", I am not "afraid" in Jamaica or the Bahamas....I don't have kids but they don't bother me....I don't require all sorts of special crap from the room stewards.

BUT>>> I do require use of a phone. I don't like mold. I don't like lukewarm showers. I don't like chipped, cruddy tiles, showers that flood the floor......I don't like tepid air conditioning.... and I hated the horrible nasty service and disrespect of the staff on this ship

Oh...I never even said how the "photography" manager totally screwed up our group "reservation" for group photo.... I made the reservation , had to stand in line, took forever, since I could not use the phone...but HE :"forgot" it.......so NO group photo this year :(

"gee sorry"

FYI<<< again I am sure you don't know this, but they have a special photog for large groups, wide angle or whatever...that is what they do.

when you have a large group you have to do this, you can't get 80-90 people in a picture just by going up to the regular photos....you "book it">> usually booked easily on the phone but of course since I had no phone, no luck.....total uncaring typical screw up on the Destiny I guess

"gee sorry"

I don't deny that YOU might have a good time on the Destiny......I DON'T INSULT YOU IF YOU LIKE THE DESTINY SO BE IT. I THOUGHT IT WAS MEH/BLAH OK THE FIRST TIME AND I HATED IT THE 2ND TIME. HATED IT

I do state the reasons why I think it is the worst ship in the whole fleet NOT ABOUT THE SERVICE....IT IS THE WORST DESIGN IN THE FLEET.......It has a number of design flaws that the other ships don't have....it really is overdue for a total "makeover" and apparently that was to happen in Jan but now is NOT happening

I also stated things I think COULD help it : more eating spaces....like a red frog pub....an upstairs restaurant fish/chips or whatever (very much needed)....maybe a casual eating place or grill cause it really has long lines

and it needs to have the cabins TOTALLY REDONE...!! all of them need a total redo JMO

Can we just agree to disagree and close this thread?

I'm sailing Destiny in November and I click on this thread whenever there are new posts, only to find out that the new posts are about the same thing... Destiny sucks... That's ridiculous, Destiny is great... I hate Destiny... We get it, but that's ridiculous, Destiny is great... No, Destiny is the worst ship... Stop saying that, Destiny is great... etc

I'm sailing Destiny in November and I click on this thread whenever there are new posts, only to find out that the new posts are about the same thing... Destiny sucks... That's ridiculous, Destiny is great... I hate Destiny... We get it, but that's ridiculous, Destiny is great... No, Destiny is the worst ship... Stop saying that, Destiny is great... etc

I would normally agree with you and end this, However the Fact that this poster wont call people liars, but says some like to go to Motel's and dine at Seaside whatever is a bit insulting. People like what they like.We didnt have Mold I would have known since my son is extremely Allergic to it as well as alot of other things...Our Tiles were not cracked in our Bathroom either and our A/C worked just fine...and not everyone likes the same things or likes the same food, but D is right on with this one....Crap happens no doubt but this is just ridiculous to go on and on its like she needs to Justify herself which leads me to a few things that I will not post here....

I would normally agree with you and end this, However the Fact that this poster wont call people liars, but says some like to go to Motel's and dine at Seaside whatever is a bit insulting. People like what they like. to Justify herself which leads me to a few things that I will not post here....

I have to admit that I did find those words slightly insulting too. The ship may have been very Motel 6 to one person in particular. There are many who don't think that one little bit. Is either in the right? No, because both experiences are valid. I truly think at the end of the day each side is trying to balance the other side out.

Future cruisers should simply make up their own mind. Read what you want to read and take away whatever you want to take away but by no means take either side as gospel.

I am sorry, i disagree :D Why close a thread that some people would like to get info from because of one person?? That is exactly what she wants... and the rest of us are looking for info.... sorry.... one bad apple dont spoil the whole bunch, now does it?

I am sorry, i disagree :D Why close a thread that some people would like to get info from because of one person?? That is exactly what she wants... and the rest of us are looking for info.... sorry.... one bad apple dont spoil the whole bunch, now does it?

Unfortunately, the one bad apple has affected the rest of the thread :(. I always click on this thread hoping to learn more about Destiny since I'll be on it in 4 months. But recently the thread has become a 2-way conversation between this one bad apple and those that don't agree with her. We get it. Now let's move on.

Due to boredom, I counted the number of posts in this 2-way conversation. That's 64 posts, more than half of this thread so far :eek:.

Actually, now that I think about it. I agree with you about not closing the thread. It keeps me a entertained a little :p

Archived