rooms on deck 4 on NCL

cruiserj&c21

My husband booked a cruise for next year with our adult kids. We have rooms next to each other. He thought he was getting rooms that could get upgraded and found out today, that already booked the rooms and there is no changing. We on deck 4 forward inside stateroom right by the stairs. I'm thinking we could hear people coming and going more then if we were a bit away from that. Any advice?

• 3 weeks later...

I have never had a room right by the stairs on deck 4, but we did on deck 8 once and never heard a thing. Given on most ships that 4is the lowermost deck and usually doesn't have a lot of cabins, you should have even fewer people using the stairs than we had by us.

if you feel you would be unhappy with the cabins, call again and see what you can do about changing.

i once booked a GTY inside and was assigned deck 4 fwd right away the place i didnt want to be for a few dollars more we were able to change that and i am so glad we did i wouldnt have been happy on deck 4 at all.

on the Pearl. Recommended by our TA. Our first cruise. It was quiet, few people venture down there unless that is where their cabin is or they need the medical centre. Was useful when we tendered but Never Again. The decor changes - no nice carpet or pictures - very utilitarian. A long way from everywhere.

It didn't put us off cruising but would never stay that low again.

I'd change if you can.

Archived