calling Carnival Pride cruisers

Ms. T

looking for someone to tell me if they were able to use a DVD player in their cabin? I'll be in an aft cabin. No need to reply if you haven't...I've heard all the "why would, this is vacation etc. and i'm just a newbie to cruising and curious to know if it's worth bring.

thanks for responding

Unless you have a suite, they say you won't be able to use it... Per Carnival's FAQ:

DVDs/VCRs/Nintendo/Play Units: Due to compatibility issues with stateroom televisions, these items can only be utilized in suites and guests must provide their own RCA cables.

We've been on twice (both with a balcony) and there was no DVD player in the room. I'm not sure if the newer ships have them or not but it certainly wouldn't be a bad idea. We usually need one night a cruise to chill in the room and recuperate and having a movie to watch would make it that much better.

On our last cruise my children brought a portable DVD player which could be used with a battery or could be plugged in. I would recommend buying one for under $100.00 if you want to watch a DVD. Otherwise, you can watch movies on the cabin TV.

Since I travel by tour bus, often to Disney World (a long haul, is that), I have a portable dvd player, with 8 hr battery life and built-in viewscreen. No need to plug it into anything, or anything into it (expect headphones), so it worked fine in me cabin. Could watch Mythbusters, Whose Line, Time Team, or whatever other dvds I brought with me.

Archived