Shore dive with equipment

hyrik

Does anyone know the cost of shorediving at eden rock,Turtle farm[grand cayman
At http://www.divetech.com they rent tanks for $8 and weights for $3.75 for the turtle farm shore dive. For Eden rock the prices at http://www.edenrockdive.com are $7 for an 80 cu.ft. tank, $1 for a weight belt and $.25 a pound for weights.

and chankanaab
At Chankanaab, you are required to hire a guide dive in order to dive there. I'd expect to pay around $30 for a guide, tanks, and weights, but that might be negotiable, I really don't know.

and dzul ha
I don't think they rent tanks and weights there, but I could be wrong. They do rent tanks and weights at the Fiesta Americana, just about 400 yards to the south of Dzul Ha. The price for a tank is $6 from the on-site dive operation, Divehouse. The shore diving there is worth the time. If the current is strong and flowing from north to south, you can get in the water at Dzul Ha and drift down to Fiesta Americana to get out. It's quite a nice drift. If the current is mild, and it usually is, then the shore diving just to the south of the dock is best.

There are other decent shore dives in Cozumel with easy access to tanks and weights. For example,Blue Angel dive shop, located at the Caribe blue hotel rents tanks and weights and the photos I've seen from people who have done the dive there make me want to dive there.

Hope this helps,

Bruce

Archived