OASIS - June 25th Review

The ocean was the big disappointment. Another family that was at Nachi from a CCL cruise said him and his wife had been there a few years prior, and since the beach lost about 15'- and he had promised his little ones beautiful blue water and it wasn't!

Doesnt it look beautful? (Note- the beach with the blow up water park is Paradise beach)

DS said the jet ski's definitely need work, bad performance!

I dont like being the bearer of anything not positive, but I also have to tell it like it is and altho this might be the second negative review of Nachi Cocom across the web, lol, it was our experience.

Really bummed to hear that Nachi has seen better days. I went onto their website after reading your review and their own pictures show that the beach used to extend a good 10 feet out along the concrete pier visible in your pictures. It appears the beach has eroded so much the water now comes in a good 10 feet past the beginning of the same pier. Maybe the tide is responsible for some of the difference, but the steep drop off shown in your pictures makes me think erosion is the main culprit.

We booked Nachi months ago (like you, peace and quiet won out over the loud music of the competitors), but we are now considering forfeiting the $25 deposit and trying something else during our day in Cozumel. Thank you for taking the time to write it up and give your opinion - sometimes it's the less-than-stellar reviews that I find most helpful.

Beyond that, thank you for the entire review and taking the time to post so many pictures. You have a knack for travel writing.

CruiseDivaNJ, when you tried the lasagna in the MDR you commented that it needs cheese.....does that mean that it doesn't have ANY cheese in it, or just that it needed more? Cheese and my tummy are not friends (eating even a nibble of its deliciousness results in hours of tummy pain for me, though I am not lactose intolerant) so if this is truly a cheese-free lasagna, sign me up! Sadly, I'm thinking you'll reply and say it has cheese but needed more, but a girl can hope, lol (if it is cheeseless, you know what I'll be eating for every meal when we sail in September, lol)

:pStacey great review and pics. I guess we will have to do the Allure next.

Ahhhh, Allure? Hmm, maybe!

Really bummed to hear that Nachi has seen better days. I went onto their website after reading your review and their own pictures show that the beach used to extend a good 10 feet out along the concrete pier visible in your pictures. It appears the beach has eroded so much the water now comes in a good 10 feet past the beginning of the same pier. Maybe the tide is responsible for some of the difference, but the steep drop off shown in your pictures makes me think erosion is the main culprit.

We booked Nachi months ago (like you, peace and quiet won out over the loud music of the competitors), but we are now considering forfeiting the $25 deposit and trying something else during our day in Cozumel. Thank you for taking the time to write it up and give your opinion - sometimes it's the less-than-stellar reviews that I find most helpful.

Beyond that, thank you for the entire review and taking the time to post so many pictures. You have a knack for travel writing.

If my info helped, Im glad. Stinks to lose a deposit. After reading everything online positive, then seeing the ocean, then the worst then anywhere bad drinks, the average food couldn't make up for it. I don't like returning with a bad review, but I had to give the facts as they were to us. On our return to the ship, DH asked the driver (we knew what he was going to say tho) but we asked the driver what he thought were the best beach/beaches to visit in Cozumel when here for a day on a cruise..of course he said Nachi cocom, then we asked where else and he said Mr Sanchos. I cant even offer any advice on where since the driver's dedication apparently lies with these beach club owners.

I'm sorry to read that about Nachi Cocum. We were there in March, and since we didn't know what to expect, we weren't too disappointed. We didn't spend too much time in the water. We got there when it first opened and stayed only until after lunch. We had only one drink, and, you're right, not much alcohol in the alcoholic drink!

We'll be back in Cozumel in March 2012 and are thinking about Chakanaab. Trying something new.

Loving your review and looking forward to the rest of the week.

CruiseDivaNJ, when you tried the lasagna in the MDR you commented that it needs cheese.....does that mean that it doesn't have ANY cheese in it, or just that it needed more? Cheese and my tummy are not friends (eating even a nibble of its deliciousness results in hours of tummy pain for me, though I am not lactose intolerant) so if this is truly a cheese-free lasagna, sign me up! Sadly, I'm thinking you'll reply and say it has cheese but needed more, but a girl can hope, lol (if it is cheeseless, you know what I'll be eating for every meal when we sail in September, lol)

Well, although I would like to think I am qualified to determine the ingredients, I am definitely not, especially since the ingredient n question is something that can cause you to become ill! Ask your server. Three of us had it- there was tomato sauce on the bottom, lasagna noodles layered with ground beef, tomato sauce on top and then a pretty flavorless white sauce. It might suit you well, none of us thought there was cheese- DH and DS liked it, DD and me were disappointed. I guess that's a MDR meal you can say I didn't like.

I'm sorry to read that about Nachi Cocum. We were there in March, and since we didn't know what to expect, we weren't too disappointed. We didn't spend too much time in the water. We got there when it first opened and stayed only until after lunch. We had only one drink, and, you're right, not much alcohol in the alcoholic drink!

We'll be back in Cozumel in March 2012 and are thinking about Chakanaab. Trying something new.

Chakanaab would be on my list for next time in Cozumel too. I will have to find out if the water is clear and blue.

Chakanaab would be on my list for next time in Cozumel too. I will have to find out if the water is clear and blue.

We went there on the Allure. I'm in the process of organizing and uploading my pictures for the two weeks.

look for the album.

We want to go to Chankanaab too so please post here if you have some nice pix... :)

Katherine

We did not go to Chankanaab, but I know others who have been there. Waiting for Dave to post some pics of the water if he has.

Also, Shout-out to "Radio" - do you have any Chankanaab beach pictures you can share?

This was our second time in Cozumel, I still dont have any infinity for the place.

We did not go to Chankanaab, but I know others who have been there. Waiting for Dave to post some pics of the water if he has.

Also, Shout-out to "Radio" - do you have any Chankanaab beach pictures you can share?

This was our second time in Cozumel, I still dont have any infinity for the place.

I finally downloaded all the pictures to the external HD. The only water pics I have are from the area where the dolphins do their tricks. None from the beach area but it should be the same water. That wasn't a beach day for us,

Later this weekend.

Your Nachi experience is so disappointing to read. :( This has been on my short list when we go to Cozumel next year.

Do you know if there were any storms before you arrived? I know our crystal blue water in Cozumel looked more like churned up sewage when we were there a few years ago. The manager of the establishment didn't agree with my assessment and posted that I was mistaken about the water quality, but I retaliated by posting PICTURES! lol There were storms for days before our arrival, and I assume that's what affected the water during our stay. it was so disappointing after seeing everyone else's pristine pictures. Oh well... What's one to do? Cruise and cruise again, I say!

Your Nachi experience is so disappointing to read. :( This has been on my short list when we go to Cozumel next year.

Do you know if there were any storms before you arrived? I know our crystal blue water in Cozumel looked more like churned up sewage when we were there a few years ago. The manager of the establishment didn't agree with my assessment and posted that I was mistaken about the water quality, but I retaliated by posting PICTURES! lol There were storms for days before our arrival, and I assume that's what affected the water during our stay. it was so disappointing after seeing everyone else's pristine pictures. Oh well... What's one to do? Cruise and cruise again, I say!

I have to be honest, I don't know if there were any storms before we got to Cozumel. I would keep reading the reviews all over the net and see how they are a couple months before you cruise. the best picture I posted here on cc is the one of my DS coming out of the ocean!! I didn't even realize that was his face when I took the picture. But it sure paints a good picture of his disgust by the water. Maybe we hit it on a bad day, I have no clue. I wish it was a better day for us, that was one of two factors that gave it a thumbs down for any thoughts of going back.. I do not like writing mediocre reviews.

I'll keep this post on topic of Cozumel and Nachi Cocom... More pictures of what appears to be a pristine place.

DSC_0182.jpg

Watch out for the [pooping] Birds that might stop by your lounge chair.

DSC_0161.jpg

DSC_0200.jpg

SNACKS ON THE BEACH

DSC_0191.jpg

DSC_0190-2.jpg

This is definitely one of my favorite pictures!

DSC_0194.jpg

and, as always, some food... I have to add, the only thing hat makes this food really good is the home made chips- from corn tortillas and doubt they are fried! Now, if I could add some garlic, cilantro, red pepper, minced onion we would have some excellent guac going for those chips.

DSC_0211-1.jpg

DSC_0212.jpg

DSC_0208.jpg

Both dishes were good- the chicken fajitas and the grilled shrimp, but they were nothing different then I would make my family for dinner at home. My son liked his ribs and my daughter was annoyed that inside those yummy looking enchiladas (?) was some shredded chicken and no cheese.

and more scenery....

DSC_0219.jpg

DSC_0240.jpg

DSC_0242.jpg

Well, although I would like to think I am qualified to determine the ingredients, I am definitely not, especially since the ingredient n question is something that can cause you to become ill! Ask your server. Three of us had it- there was tomato sauce on the bottom, lasagna noodles layered with ground beef, tomato sauce on top and then a pretty flavorless white sauce. It might suit you well, none of us thought there was cheese- DH and DS liked it, DD and me were disappointed. I guess that's a MDR meal you can say I didn't like.

That actually sounds like it would be safe for me. I can handle a teeny amount of cheese, parmesan for instance, but most lasagnas have far too much regular cheese for me to be able to enjoy them. I'll definitely ask our server about it! The only place I've ever been able to eat cheese without a problem is in the Dominican Republic as almost all their cheese is made from goat's milk. Needless to say, I'm fairly confident that all vacation weight I've ever brought home from our trips to the DR have been entirely due to sliced cheese, pizza, and lasagna calories :D

We went to Chakanaab and it was great!!!!

I know I have some-the day we were there it was so windy that all activites except scuba were cancelled all over the island and it was still a beautiful place-the waves were so high that the pictures may scare you --it is a nice beach but no walk out to the water-where we were anyway but nice trees and loungers-bar and food -good showers and changing rooms-I will try to find the pictures

I haven't been in years and was hoping to take my family including teenagers. I'd appreciate any more info on Chakanaab if you don't mind.

Don't mean to highjack the thread - I can't figure out how to send you a message! Sorry! Thanks in advance!

NativeTexan

PS - LOVE the review - we leave in 2 weeks!!

I haven't been in years and was hoping to take my family including teenagers. I'd appreciate any more info on Chakanaab if you don't mind.

Don't mean to highjack the thread - I can't figure out how to send you a message! Sorry! Thanks in advance!

NativeTexan

PS - LOVE the review - we leave in 2 weeks!!

Unfortunately we did not go to Chankanaab, but I hope someone reading the thread can give you some information!

All I can tell you is that we passed it on our way to Nachi and it is a pretty short ride.

Thanks so much for this awesome review!

Sorry Nachi did not meet up with your expectations. We went in November and I totally agree about the weak mixed drinks. We moved on to shots- LOL! ;)

Looking forward to reading more, this is getting us excited for our upcoming cruise on Allure!

Unfortunately we did not go to Chankanaab, but I hope someone reading the thread can give you some information!

All I can tell you is that we passed it on our way to Nachi and it is a pretty short ride.

Really enjoyed reading your review and looking at your great pics. We live in the FLL area and frequently see the Oasis in port. This week our TA is on her doing the same itinerary as you did. We are anxious to see if he has a good experience. We may have to consider the Oasis in our cruise plans.

Was this your first visit to Cozumel as I did not see it included a visit to one of our favorite places Carlos & Charlies. We have visited Cozumel soooo many times and have been to Chakanaab a few times. We have always enjoyed our visits there and like Cozumel.

John & Shari

Archived