OASIS - June 25th Review

Great review and pics. Looks like you found the chocolate martini.:)

Mmmm hmmm...this chocolate martini was awesome! I never did get to try the Espresso one. I guess I will have to go back! Thanks, Puffinater for the nice comments!

Just off the phone with RCI representative, Pamela. DH and I conferenced in together when she called. She wanted to know if we had anything more to elaborate on from the comment card we filled out. It was a pleasure to receive this phone call and be able to discuss the few minor faults (ie: D1 fail of outlet placement) as well as recommendations (I think the Solarium age should be 18 and up. Nothing personal to under 18's, but age restriction should match across the board. 17 & under can not go into the night club's, they have their own- It would be less confusing if the Solarium mimicked the same restriction) I think kids deserve to act their age and there is nothing wrong with safe horseplay in a pool, just not in the solarium pool. Welcoming 16yo's that are tumbling out of their lounge-space with 15 yo's is just asking for rowdiness.) Okay, I said it and now I am done. :)) We also pointed out all the super-wonderful-amazing aspects of Oasis! We REALLY loved the layout & design of her! it is really very easy to navigate from one end to the other. We also let them know how wonderful the Diamond Lounge is! the folks there (charmaine and umm, I forgot) were wonderful!

Uh Oh, I didnt mention that the candy shack should really offer maybe just one thing in DARK CHOCOLATE? For those of us who stopped eating milk chocolate and would like something a little decadent, like dark chocolate. haha :-)

Moving right along........:D

Welcome back Stacey! We missed you!!!! So 1,900 pictures...you better move up your posting schedule...you have about 1,880 more to post! :D:p

LOL Michele! I am so NOT posting all my pics! :p

Some are rated "non-internet compliant"! lmao

sleepless, thank you so much! Glad you're enjoying! you are going to love oasis.

First Visit to Park Café

Featuring, The Infamous and Raved About Roast Beef Sandwich!

DSC_0120.jpg

And Delicious Salads

DSC_0121.jpg

DD’s 3 Cheese Pannini

DSC_0122.jpg

And Potato Leek soup

DSC_0123.jpg

DSC_0125.jpg

DSC_0124.jpg

Always crowded, but we were always able to get a table. Tables are also very close together. Between indoor and outdoor seating the tables turned pretty quickly. The flavored water, okay, the Mango flavored water is really good. I didnt taste the others.

Wonderful review. I'm not usually one who cares about food pics; however, I do want to thank you for these. I actually can't stand Roast Beef so having someone actually show something other than that is a refreshing change.

Wonderful review. I'm not usually one who cares about food pics; however, I do want to thank you for these. I actually can't stand Roast Beef so having someone actually show something other than that is a refreshing change.

Im glad you're enjoying the (food) pictures and review! My fave at Park Cafe was salad! But the RB sandwich was excellent too.

Izumi's looked good. I would have loved to have tried it, but my girlfriend doesn't believe in paying extra for dinner unless it's steak.

How about for lunch :) It is open for lunch on sea days and there's hot rock which I think has beef.

Random picture. I dont know where it was. DH and I both shoot! This is one he shot! It must be by the Adventure Ocean area, because it is the only area of the ship I didnt see.

Yes, outside AO. That's the way to the wings.

How about for lunch :) It is open for lunch on sea days and there's hot rock which I think has beef.

We went to Izumi for lunch one day too. The menu is limited for lunch, but was still wonderful. My DS did have the hot rock beef.

The noodle bowl is like Yaki Udon...that was chicken (not fish). DD said it was good, but her Yaki Udon we have here at home is better.

This is not fair.........

I have to cook dinner tonight. I dont understand. :confused: Yes, Im confused...just a few days ago I was being served by 3 - a waiter, his assistant and bar-guy! Plus, we had the head waiter-guy who looks like secret service visit our table every night. Geez, tonight the cloth napkin that was placed on my lap is going to be replaced with a packaged paper type dinner napkin and I am going to grill or bake chicken. Truth, Im a great cook, so the chicken will no doubt be delicious, but I have to prepare it, cook it, serve it? And, I doubt any one from the secret service will be visiting tonight, lol! Someone else is cleaning up!

I'll BBL with pics from our next day in...Falmouth!

Thanks for your review and great photos....will help convince extended family to plan a voyage....Sushi lovers all

(Former 30yrs living in Princeton)

I hope this info helps! I long awaited RCI to have [real] Sushi and this was not a disappointment.

Do you miss Princeton at all? I try to imagine life away from the garden state/tax he!!

This is not fair.........

I have to cook dinner tonight. I dont understand. :confused: Yes, Im confused...just a few days ago I was being served by 3 - a waiter, his assistant and bar-guy! Plus, we had the head waiter-guy who looks like secret service visit our table every night. Geez, tonight the cloth napkin that was placed on my lap is going to be replaced with a packaged paper type dinner napkin and I am going to grill or bake chicken. Truth, Im a great cook, so the chicken will no doubt be delicious, but I have to prepare it, cook it, serve it? And, I doubt any one from the secret service will be visiting tonight, lol! Someone else is cleaning up!

I'll BBL with pics from our next day in...Falmouth!

I am TOTALLY like this when we get back from a cruise. What??? I have to make my bed? WTH? And cook too? No way! I want back on the cruise ship ASAP!

Katherine

DSC_0646.jpg

Oh Jamaica! I actually love Jamaica. I know, I know some of you hate it, but we have always had pretty good experiences. This was our 3rd time to Jamaica, but (obviously) the first time our ship called on Falmouth. We usually wing it either rent a jeep or hire a private tour guide, it depends on the island. As we were looking into all inclusive places close to Falmouth, DH came home from his office and said he spoke to an associate who just spent a week at Iberostar suites Rose Hall and recommended it. Other then Oasis- the Ship, this was the highlight of the cruise and our excursions. Wow, I dont often land vacation but I want to book a get away here right away. (Iberostar pics in following post)

DSC_0653.jpg

DSC_0655.jpg

This was breakfast at Park Café….

I think the Egg Panini has pesto. Double check this if you have an allergy to nuts. It might just be a basil oil or aioli, but it looked like pesto to me.

DSC_0648.jpg

One of my favorite breakfasts- this was a [sesame] bagel with a roasted garlic and sun dried tomato cream cheese and lox.

DSC_0651.jpg

If you’re just peeking in- again, I was surprised there is an elevator when you disembark for excursions!

DSC_0656.jpg

Archived