FCC and CCL stock breakdown

4275princess

One thing I have not read here is what is the holding period requirement? Do you have to own it at the time of the sailing, the time we submit the paperwork for the OBC, or the time of booking? Do you have to own it for any period of time?

One thing I have not read here is what is the holding period requirement? Do you have to own it at the time of the sailing, the time we submit the paperwork for the OBC, or the time of booking? Do you have to own it for any period of time?

You just have to prove current ownership at the time you request OBC.

My husband and I each own CCL stock. Our future cruise is for 31 days. Do we each get $250 credit for the cruise?

Only if you book separate cabins - it is allocated only to the cabin!

There is also credit given to each cabin for the number of cruises (not days :confused: !) that you happen to do with Princess:

20 - 30 cruises = $25

31 - 40 cruises = $50

41 - 50 cruises = $75

50+ cruises = $100

Hope this helps.

MP

Only if you book separate cabins - it is allocated only to the cabin!

There is also credit given to each cabin for the number of cruises (not days :confused: !) that you happen to do with Princess:

20 - 30 cruises = $25

31 - 40 cruises = $50

41 - 50 cruises = $75

50+ cruises = $100

Hope this helps.

MP

First is 21 - 30

I know the benefits are great for we frequent cruisers but as an investment how do people feel about the CCL stock's performance over the past few years?

Depends when one bought it.

It was down to around $19 in the midst of the recession.

At any price, one should not buy it unless you feel it is a good investment.

I know the benefits are great for we frequent cruisers but as an investment how do people feel about the CCL stock's performance over the past few years?

As a speculative stock, of course its value will fluctuate. Its best return tho', I think, is if you get the Princess OBC each cruise, especially if you do a few cruises a year. My wife and I, one year, did 8, but were not shareholders! :mad: We've now learnt and will become one before we do our next one!

Of course you can buy the stock before you cruise each time and sell it immediately afterwards, if you don't mind paying brokerage each time.

I understand the dividend each share is only about $0.05/share or thereabouts.

MP

As a speculative stock, of course its value will fluctuate. Its best return tho', I think, is if you get the Princess OBC each cruise, especially if you do a few cruises a year. My wife and I, one year, did 8, but were not shareholders! :mad: We've now learnt and will become one before we do our next one!

Of course you can buy the stock before you cruise each time and sell it immediately afterwards, if you don't mind paying brokerage each time.

I understand the dividend each share is only about $0.05/share or thereabouts.

MP

I believe it was 25 cents last year, and if I'm mistaken Bill will pop in and tell me. ;) I bought 100 shares 12 years ago at $18 and added 150 more later. For us it's been a great investment and I really should have sold off some when the price was high. Maybe I still will. :D

As a speculative stock, of course its value will fluctuate. Its best return tho', I think, is if you get the Princess OBC each cruise, especially if you do a few cruises a year.

Yes, that's is kind of my view of it as well. I don't expect to rich on the stock...I was just soliciting others' opinions.

I believe it was 25 cents last year, and if I'm mistaken Bill will pop in and tell me.

Correct. 25 cents/share each quarter or $1.00 for the year.

At the current stock price, that is about 2.8% rate of return, better than most CDs.

We have no complaints whatsoever. It has been win-win for us. We picked up the first stock when original prices dipped to $15/share. Now if I were looking to buy in now....not so sure it would be a good investment.

We have no complaints whatsoever. It has been win-win for us. We picked up the first stock when original prices dipped to $15/share. Now if I were looking to buy in now....not so sure it would be a good investment.

No, it wouldn't be good, because according to your sig line you are cruising RCI and NCL too.

When we boarded the Crown this past June, OBC for our 2 FCC's and $100 credit for our stock were not listed on our "bill". I had kept the printed copies of the FCC from our the cruise when we bought it and I had confirmation of my sending proof of stock ownership to Princess. It took 3 days on the ship, but it was credited to our account. Having the printed proof helped the desk staff get it done.

We always bring it

No, it wouldn't be good, because according to your sig line you are cruising RCI and NCL too.

That's why it pays to own stock for more than one cruiseline. We cruise NCL quite a bit, but we also cruise Princess and CCL...and on occasion RCL. Now if only NCL would offer a stockholder credit, I would be a happy camper.

That's why it pays to own stock for more than one cruiseline. We cruise NCL quite a bit, but we also cruise Princess and CCL...and on occasion RCL. Now if only NCL would offer a stockholder credit, I would be a happy camper.

Princess allows you to have both FCC OBC and stockholder OBC.

If I remember correctly, RCL does not allow you to have both.

"Benefit is not combinable with other onboard credit offers, general loyalty offers, “dollars off” promotions and savings certificates. Guests have the option to choose between the shareholder benefit or the other offer."

Princess allows you to have both FCC OBC and stockholder OBC.

If I remember correctly, RCL does not allow you to have both.

"Benefit is not combinable with other onboard credit offers, general loyalty offers, “dollars off” promotions and savings certificates. Guests have the option to choose between the shareholder benefit or the other offer."

You are absolutely correct. CCL stockholder credit is much more cruiser friendly and easier to obtain than RCL. However, RCL does allow you to combine it with TA credit and RCL Visa rewards. We combined the 3 for our upcoming Allure OTS cruise and have a nice amount of OBC.

Archived