Amtrak station question

I know nothing about Memphis or the Memphis Amtrac station, but if you get no helpful answers you might want to check if there are any stay and park hotels in the area. You did not tell us anything about your schedule, but this might be almost as inexpensive as parking for 6 days at the station and give you an extra day of vacation.

Make sure you are giving yourself plenty of time in NOLA. The cruise lines need you to check in several hours before the ship sails. You need to build in lots of extra time in case the train is late.

If you don't know this, you can usually board before noon and have a nice lunch on board as part of your cruise.

Great plan to come in the day before. You would be surprised how many first time cruisers see that the ship leaves at 5 and plan to arrive at the embarkation city after 2 and then make their way to the ship.

Good luck getting an answer to your question. You might have more luck on the Trip Advisor boards (or another travel website). Look for the forum on Memphis.

There is a police station right there at the Amtrak station. We have never left car but would probably think it is as safe as anywhere. Wouldn't leave anything valuable in it and make sure to park it under a light closer to the station. No guarantees though!!

Thank you for your help, I will not be leaving my car and have made other arrangements!

Hope other arrangements do not include call a taxi. We did this Amtrak NOLA trip several years ago. No trouble getting taxi to train station from hotel. We arrived back after dark; we could not get a taxi to come to the train station to take us back to the hotel. Finally, a nice local couple on the same train as us took us back to the hotel.

Where in Arkansas? I am from Little Rock; have been cruising 35 years; cruise #100 coming up this year.

Judy

Little Rock

I live right outside of Memphis and I would NOT leave my car parked there. It is in a rough area, kinda a warehouse district. I don't even shop in Memphis anymore, not even out in the burbs. It's just not safe, sorry!

Archived