NCL Spirit to airport NOLA

salmn

Absolutely not! We have been several times and have been allowed to depart the ship as early as 8:45 and as late as 11. You would have to be at the airport by 8:45 for you flight and you may not even be at the pier by that time. Better book later as NCL suggests.

• 3 months later...

General question - what seems to be the earliest you might want to try for a flight back home - allowing the uncertainty of the normal things that can happen .... Is NOLA any harder to get off the ship than other ports?

Thanks for any help offered

Greg

I think New Orleans is easier, but you need to allow for problems. We were delayed two hours on my NCL Spirit cruise to Boston when Customs could not find 4 non-U.S. citizens.

Check other posts, but I would recommend 12 noon or so. You can take it easy & not rush to get off the ship. When I was on the Spirit, they let you stay in your cabin until you disembarked. You did not have to go to a common area.

New Orleans airport usually has shorter security lines, too, but you need to allow extra time for major events like the Sugar Bowl, BCS Championship, Jazz Fest, etc.

Allow a little extra time on a Sunday when there is a Saints home game, too.

We were just on the Spirit returning on 10/24 we were in port at 7:00 am and the walkoff's started about 8:00. We headed out around 9:00 and it took about 30 minutes to walk through customs line. I agree that 9:45 is too close as the taxi ride itself takes about 30 minutes. If you had the opportunity I would spend the day in NOLA and go out the next morning!

Archived