Freedom Questions

skowtko

I wanted to know if any of you have taken the 8 day Western Carribean Cruise on the Freedom? If so can you share what nights were the formal nights on and has anyone been in room 2214 (pictures please). Also what excursions did you book and did you enjoy them? I am sailing in 80 days and trying to make final preparations. Is there anything specific about this boat that I should know about? This is our 6th Carnival Cruise but our first on the Freedom. If you have any important tips about this boat please share.

I wanted to know if any of you have taken the 8 day Western Carribean Cruise on the Freedom? If so can you share what nights were the formal nights on and has anyone been in room 2214 (pictures please). Also what excursions did you book and did you enjoy them? I am sailing in 80 days and trying to make final preparations. Is there anything specific about this boat that I should know about? This is our 6th Carnival Cruise but our first on the Freedom. If you have any important tips about this boat please share.

2214 is a basic inside cabin (which is located under the show lounge. Personally will be loud and you will feel the base in your cabin- Call an agent to see if you can be moved. This is a 4 B and you can upgrade - dont let them tell you that you can not.

The dancers practice after midnight.

If you can get one on the back (aft_ part of the ship) closer tot he aft elevator- these are the same category- puts you under the dining room which is carpeted so no noise issues and closer to get up to the food on the lido deck

You do not want to be under the galley which is midship- anything PASSED the aft elevators would work out nicely

What you see in the way of an inside cabin on carnival web site is what you cabin will look like

The cabin is way forward and will be along hike to get to the food/pool.

The walk is not so bad in the begining but mid week-- arghh

excursions- check out the port of calls boards- lots of information there. and you might find something that interests you.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5

FOr me- the best thing about it-- Mongolian Station- opened for lunch only.

DH and I did this cruise in September of last year. The formal nights were on the 2nd day(first full sea day) and on the 7th day(sea day after Panama) We booked the 6 in 1 highlights tour with greenway tours in Costa Rica. We got to see the jungle, a banana plantation and got a boat ride through the tortuguero canal. I really liked getting a glimpse of three different areas of Costa Rica(the other 3 in their 6in1 are little things compared to these three) I would do this tour again with greenway if I ever go back to Costa Rica. they were very professional and mindful of the the time without rushing us. In Panama we booked through Carnival and did the boat ride through the locks. It was a long day, but worth it to me to get to be able to go through the locks. If you want to do this I would definatly book this one through carnival as we were late getting back and there were no worries about missing the ship.

And finally our favorite place on the Freedom is on deck 9 or 10 all the way forward. Walk down the hallway past the cabins and there is a door up there. We would go there anytime coming into port. The views are great and there is usually very few people.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise! I loved this one because it was so relaxing with the 4 sea days!

We sailed her last summer. A review, pics and the funtimes are linked in my signature. For the review click on "Carnival Freedom", "Western Caribbean" will take you to my webshots album, and "Funtimes" will take you to the album with those in em.

For Cozumel we rented a car and toured around on our own. We're vacation every year on the mainland, so we weren't interested in a beach club.

Costa Rica we booked a Greenway Tour Rain Forest, Wagon Expedition and Banana Plantation tour. Would definitely do it again in a heart beat. BubbaQ is over the limit in height for ziplines, otherwise that would have been a solid option through them as well (part of or van zipped, part did the wagon thing).

Panama we booked My Friend Mario's CL001 tour - rainforest, Colonial Fort, Canal tour. Another company we'd go with again in a heart beat.

We're the kind of people who don't like big tours on giant buses, we liked the smaller group setting both these tours offered.

Archived