Favoite NEW or old perfume for women & men

shaling

For me... "GUCCI" or "VOLUPTE" by Oscar De La Renta... my husband wears Lagerfeld.

Norell, It's the only thing I will where. It's the only one men at work would ask about so they could buy for their :rolleyes: wives.

Liz

For summer either Rive Gauche (very old) by YSL or Gio by Armani. Friends swear by Sunflowers by Eliz Arden but it never smells good on me. For winter I love Lauren by Ralph Lauren, Animal (no idea who makes it), Halston & Coco.

For men either Antaeus Por Homme (check the spelling; it comes in a small black bottle under the Chanel label & it's very hard to get in the US) or Photo by Karl Lagerfeld. Romance by Ralph Lauren is OK to on the right man. I will tell you I hate Polo on men, probably b/c in college every guy on campus wore it (& I went to school with over 80,000people); it was awful even walking to class.

Your body chemistry should be the deciding factor.

All time favorite is Allure by Chanel. I found a perfume on our last cruise that I fell in love with. Got it in France at Fragonard. It's called Miranda and it's a yummy, warm winter type of perfume:D . In the summer sometimes I switch to Max Azria BCBG nature--clean and cool.

Missyal

I received a bottle of "Provocative Woman" by Elizabeth Arden from my niece for Christmas. Initially, I thought it was nice, but didn't think I'd wear it. It's grown on me, and I just love it now. Lovely floral, woodsy scent.

EVERY time I wear it, I get compliments.......one of the fellows at work asked me the name, and blushed purple when I told him the name LOLOL

My other favorite fragrance is Vanilla Fields by Coty. I just love it, and love the way it makes me feel. Like someone else posted above, sometimes I put it on before going to bed......I like it that much!

I love perfumes. I wear a different smell each day. My favorites are a new fragrance from Paris Hilton, Bellagio, Armani (lei,/elle/she/ella), Michael Kors and Marc Jacobs. I also love Romance. Really enjoy the light airy scents, not flowery, powdery or hard. For hubby I love Issey Miyake, Chrome, Mick Micheyl, Dolce & Gabbana and Jean Paul Gaultier.

I am right now into Blue by Ralph Lauren and it may surpass my alltime favorite of Anais Anais by Cacharel. Used to wear White Linen.

These are light, fresh scents. I believe these go with your colors as I am a spring.

But I would like to try some of the others mentioned here. Good thread.

i cannot wear fragrance because i have severe skin/topical allerigies, but i wanted to vote for my fave men's fragrance.

Okay, promise not to laugh... i absolutely LOVE the old school Drakaar in the black bottle! (I can hear you snickering.) My friends and I agree. it is like sex in a bottle. I would follow the Hunchback of Notre Dame around if he was wearing it. I beg my DH to wear it all the time. In fact, when I was a freshman in college, a male friend asked for a cologne recommendation. I told him to go w/ Drakaar. 9 years later at the rehearsal dinner before my wedding, i commented that he smelled good. "Drakaar," he said, "you were right, it has never let me down with the ladies."

dh wears "Old Spice". Think it is time to update him at least. :)

LOL! Don't feel bad, my Dad has been wearing Old Spice for *decades*. We've all tried over the years to buy him other scents, but nope... He always puts the other stuff waaaaaay back in the cabinet. We gave up long ago :D

S'ok though, every time I smell Old Spice, I think of dear old Dad.

For me lately I've been wearing:

Clinique Simply

Lancome Miracle

Liz Claiborne Spark and

Victoria's Secret Dream Angels Heavenly

All are very different from one another so I choose dependent on my mood.

For Him,

Cool Water and

Liz Claiborne Candies

I love the mens LC Spark on him, but he doesn't like it...he'll wear it for me when we go out sometimes.

i cannot wear fragrance because i have severe skin/topical allerigies, but i wanted to vote for my fave men's fragrance.

Okay, promise not to laugh... i absolutely LOVE the old school Drakaar in the black bottle! (I can hear you snickering.)

I'm not, I totally agree with you. I still get it for my hubby, and while he doesn't wear it everyday, when he does, I'm all over him. ;)

Obsession (for women) is what I've been wearing for 15 years! Body chemistry is one key. The other is not mixing scents. I use the bath gel, lotion and perfume. I get the soap, powder and deodorant when I can find it.

Go on line at buy your perfumes at efragrance.com. Always a sale, free freight or email coupons.

Everyone knows what to buy me at holiday time too!

I asked my son if he liked it. He said it smells like Mommy. When I travel, he sleeps with my pillow to feel better.

The men I work with love the scent. Never heard them say that to others in the office. And I'm sure it's not a pick up line!

Obsession (for women) is what I've been wearing for 15 years! Body chemistry is one key. The other is not mixing scents. I use the bath gel, lotion and perfume. I get the soap, powder and deodorant when I can find it.

Go on line at buy your perfumes at efragrance.com. Always a sale, free freight or email coupons.

Everyone knows what to buy me at holiday time too!

I asked my son if he liked it. He said it smells like Mommy. When I travel, he sleeps with my pillow to feel better.

The men I work with love the scent. Never heard them say that to others in the office. And I'm sure it's not a pick up line!

Cheryl, I hope you are using either the purfume or the bath gel and body lotion and not all of them.

Ever notice that you can only smell your fragrance for a couple of seconds? That is because your nose sort of blocks it out. Same reason those who smoke cigarettes cannot smell the cigarette smoke on themselves while others think they smell like ashtrays.

My point is that if you are wearing the lotion, soap, perfume and all the other stuff, your co-workers are commenting because it is too strong not because they love the scent. Obsession is a very strong scent on its own.

I'm not trying to be ugly, just pointing out something you might not realize.

Archived