Getting From Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral?

tiger belle

We will be flying in to Orlando the day before our Dream cruise sails out of Port Canaveral...for those who have done this before, what is the best way (or at least the options) to get from the Orlando airport to the hotel we will be staying at near the port (probably the Radisson or possibly Country Inn)? We will have a large party traveling together (at least a dozen of us, if that has an impact)

There was about a dozen of us and it was much less expensive to rent two vans to get there. Port Canaveral and Orlando are considered a local rental by all the major companies. We also rented one to get back and they delivered the vehicles to the port for us when we got back. They also shuttled us to the port from the drop location on our way to the ship. I think we used Enterprise.

I think we used Cocoa Beach Shuttle which was about 75pp round trip. Stayed at Radisson. Only complaint was they were so busy that even though I couldn't book hotel shuttle till check in, they were not taking us over to close to 2pm. They told me "you don't want to get there any earlier".......that was funny. Got my own ride and on deck about noon.

google car services limos etc you will be quite surprised by there rates we were lots cheaper then shuttle for all just divided up cost between us and we will have a nice private ride and can come and leave when we please.

Or you might select a hotel that offers shuttle service to the pier. We almost always stay at a hotel that provides that service. It usually costs about $10 per person, give or take. In February, we stayed at La Quinta in Tampa. They picked us up at the airport and then took us to the pier the next morning. There were two other couples with us. They dropped us off at the front door. It was great! Three years ago, our flight into Miami got rerouted to Orlando and we got in late. As we were waiting for our luggage, we were asked by a limo driver if we needed a ride to Miami as his ride was a no show and he didn't want to drive all the way back to Miami without passengers. He charged three of us $35 and he took us from MCO to the Miami pier in a stretch limo. Needless to say, he earned his tip that day when he pulled up on the sidewalk at the front door, unloaded our luggage and then said he'd be happy to take us to MIA on our return which we did.

Also try to contact your hotel options and see if they offer a possible shuttle service from MCO to the hotel. With that large of a group and luggage they may actally have something available. Sometimes even though they do not offer a shuttle service for individuals they may have something available for a larger group staying at their hotel.

You could also ask if they have any recommendations of any services. Some Hotels work out deals with specific shuttle services so you may get a better rate if you contact one they recommend and tell them the hotel referred you.

Also check out some upcoming roll calls for the same sailing on the same ships and see if anyone else has already discovered what you seek.

Good Luck and let us know what options you find. I'm also sailing the DREAM in Sept, but coming in a couple days ealy and renting a car.

Archived