The Nightmare is no more

:)ok never done a review before so please make allowances. We went on the med medley for a week on sat 25th june. As some of you may know i was a bit apprehensive about the Dream having jumped to the spirit last year after the bad reviews. I know a lot of you had a good experience last year but also a lot of you didnt and felt very let down by thomson and I completely understand where you were coming from, I would have felt the same.We have had such a fantastic time on her, she felt very solid on the sea and i felt completely safe. The cabins are roomy and kept immaculate by the hard working cabin staff. Every member of staff on this ship are hard working, pleasant ,happy and a credit to thomson. The food in Orion was second to none, I ate everything put in front of me and believe me I am a fussy eater. The shows and entertainment were of the highest standard and I can't wait to sail on her again. Captain Roy was great, the voice from above driving the ship. If I had any comments to make on the negative side and believe me we struggled to find any I would say air con in our cabin was a bit fierce and our cabin steward michael bless him gave me an extra duvet in case i was cold in the night. Could do with some hot milk to go in the coffee. We were in cabin 6097 inside on deck 7 and it was in the perfect location and we had no noise from the lift 2 rooms down. Got to say though they still appear to have a problem with that damp smell in the corridor on deck 7 outside cabin numbers 7171 to 7187 dont know if it affects the cabins but the staff kept spraying so they know there is a problem there. certainly would not be booking those cabins. thomson flights from east mids were good and on time and we had an emergency coming in to land at palma as my friend lapsed into unconsciousness with her eyes wide open and i really thought she had died, the cabin crew came rushing down with oxygen and ice cubes and managed to get her round and then got her to the doctor in the airport they were brilliant. she was fine though had high blood pressure so not quite sure what the problem was but she didnt have any problems after that and was ok on the flight back although we kept a careful eye on her. anyway a very positive review from a very fussy woman but praise where praise is due. i could go on and on so happy with what we experienced. also met annie 60 on there she is currently in her hotel this week. any questions please ask me. from a very happy infoqueen. well done thomson!!

Glad to see you ejoyed the cruise: I am going on the Mediterranean medley cruise on September 16 with my 89year old mother & 4 friends so I have a couple of questions for you.Do you know if the Hop on Hop off bus in Genoa stops near to where the ship docks? Also same question for Calvi. Is Dream now going into Livorno or Massa Di Carera?

Any help greatfully received!!!!

:)ok never done a review before so please make allowances. We went on the med medley for a week on sat 25th june. As some of you may know i was a bit apprehensive about the Dream having jumped to the spirit last year after the bad reviews. I know a lot of you had a good experience last year but also a lot of you didnt and felt very let down by thomson and I completely understand where you were coming from, I would have felt the same.We have had such a fantastic time on her, she felt very solid on the sea and i felt completely safe. The cabins are roomy and kept immaculate by the hard working cabin staff. Every member of staff on this ship are hard working, pleasant ,happy and a credit to thomson. The food in Orion was second to none, I ate everything put in front of me and believe me I am a fussy eater. The shows and entertainment were of the highest standard and I can't wait to sail on her again. Captain Roy was great, the voice from above driving the ship. If I had any comments to make on the negative side and believe me we struggled to find any I would say air con in our cabin was a bit fierce and our cabin steward michael bless him gave me an extra duvet in case i was cold in the night. Could do with some hot milk to go in the coffee. We were in cabin 6097 inside on deck 7 and it was in the perfect location and we had no noise from the lift 2 rooms down. Got to say though they still appear to have a problem with that damp smell in the corridor on deck 7 outside cabin numbers 7171 to 7187 dont know if it affects the cabins but the staff kept spraying so they know there is a problem there. certainly would not be booking those cabins. thomson flights from east mids were good and on time and we had an emergency coming in to land at palma as my friend lapsed into unconsciousness with her eyes wide open and i really thought she had died, the cabin crew came rushing down with oxygen and ice cubes and managed to get her round and then got her to the doctor in the airport they were brilliant. she was fine though had high blood pressure so not quite sure what the problem was but she didnt have any problems after that and was ok on the flight back although we kept a careful eye on her. anyway a very positive review from a very fussy woman but praise where praise is due. i could go on and on so happy with what we experienced. also met annie 60 on there she is currently in her hotel this week. any questions please ask me. from a very happy infoqueen. well done thomson!!

Nice one infoqueen.Thanks for reminding me about the captains announcement of the "voice from above" :Dforgot all about that

Glad to see you ejoyed the cruise: I am going on the Mediterranean medley cruise on September 16 with my 89year old mother & 4 friends so I have a couple of questions for you.Do you know if the Hop on Hop off bus in Genoa stops near to where the ship docks? Also same question for Calvi. Is Dream now going into Livorno or Massa Di Carera?

Any help greatfully received!!!!

Fern

We were docked some 25/30 mins walk from the centre for someone thats able bodied.For someone like myself with walking difficulties it was not doeable.Walked for 10/15mins then turned back.Theres a large building(unsure on what to call it)almost next to where we docked which will give you access to the main street above where you were able to get the open to tour bus.We were unaware of this till we were on our way back.Remember though,theres no guarantee the ship will be docked in the same place..Calvi is a tender boat which takes you right to the town.Flat walking along sea front with plenty bars/restaurants but thers a steep hill to tackle if you want to go to the shops and uneven walking.The Dream went to Livorno on the itinerary we were on.Where we were docked was another lengthy walk to the centre..There is a port shuttle bus at 6 euros but no info from Thomsons where you actually got it.It went past us as we got off the ship but by the time we went around the corner it was nowhere to be seen.

Thanks for the info. My Mum & 2 of our friends have walking difficulties so your information is very useful. I have managed to download a route map of the Genoa bus & it shows port

reas so hopefully the large building will be the one you mentioned. Sete isn't a problem as I have a friend who lives there & she has arranged a minibus for us & she will come with us.Thanks again

Fern

Sete isn't a problem as I have a friend who lives there & she has arranged a minibus for us & she will come with us.Thanks again

Fern

Fern

Hope you get to sete,we didn`t.It was cancelled two days before due to congestion and we ended up going to Toulon instead.Didn`t put me up nor down as had never been to either and enjoyed Toulon.

Great review good to know thomsons are back on track

Can you tell me the price of the beers

Keith

Keith

Prices of drink were due to go up on the Dream the day we left the ship on the the 3rd of July but heres what we were paying.Expect another 10/15p on a drink

Draught=John Smiths,Strongbow and Heineken =£3-25(free on AI)

Can/Bottled 330ml=Becks,Fosters,Kronenbourg,Heineken,Budweiser ,Coroona,Bass Ale= £3-25 (a supplement of £1-90p on AI)

Can/bottled 550ml=Guinness,John Smiths extra smooth,Newcastle Brown Ale=£3-25(supplement of £1-90 on AI)

Can/bottled Cider =Bulmers (586ml)=£3-95(suppl £2-50 on AI)and Strongbow (440ml)=£3-25(suppl £1-90)

Whisky Free on AI

Sir Edwards

Bells

Cutty sark

Famous Grouse

Jonnie Walker Red

Teachers

J&B

Ballantines

Canadian Club

Old Bushmill

Jim Beam

All £3-50 except Sir Edwards=£2-90

Whisky not on AI= £1-15 suppl

Jameson

Jack Daniels

Jonnie Walker Black Label

Glenmorangie

Chivas regal

Macallen

All £4-65

Gin(free AI)

London Gin=£2-90

Beefeater=£3-50

Gordons=£3-50

Bombay Sapphire=£3-70

Tanqueray=£3-70

Vodka(free on AI)

Akademicka=£2-90

Moskovskaya=£3-50

Stolichnaya=£3-50

Smirnoff=£3-50

Absolut=£4-65(suppl £1-15)

Absolut Citron=£4-65(suppl £1-15)

Rum(free on AI)

Castillo Silver=£2-90

Bacardi=£3-50

Bacardi Lemon=£3-50

Bacardi Dark=£3-50

Myers=£3-50(suppl £1-15)

Captain Morgan=£3-50(suppl £1-15)

Other Spirits

Aztec Silver tequila

Tequila

Tequila Gold

Grappa

Kirschwasser

Malibu

All £3-50

Liqueurs

Baileys(suppl £1-15)

Southern Comfort(suppl £1-15)

Tia Maria

Amaretto

Kahlua

Drambuie

Frangelico

Cherry Brandy

Fernet Branca

Advocaat

Cointreau

Galliano

Grand Marnier

Jagermeister

Apricot Brandy

Sambuca

All £3-50

Brandy

Bardinet Napolean

Fundador

Metaxa Five Star

Martell VS(suppl £1-30)

Hennessy VS(suppl £1-30)

Cardenal Mendoza(suppl £1-70)

Martell VSOP(suppl £2-30)

Hennessy VSOP(suppl £2-30)

Armagnac(suppl £2-30)

Remy Martin XO(suppl £8-80)

£2-90 to a whopping £12-70

Red and White wine by the glass(200ml)=£3-70

Sparkling wine by the glass(200ml)=£3-95

Champagne by the bottle

Moet & Chanden Brut=£35-00,Half bottle=£20-00

Dom Perignon=£110(go on,treat yourself :D)

Sparkling Wine by the bottle

Cremant De Bourgogne=£22

Asti Spumante=£21-50

Freixenet Cordon Negro=£19-50

Corte dei Gelsi Prosecco=£15-50

Theres a whole range of excellent cocktails at £3-95.Recommend there Bloody Marys and one called Mai Tai

Half a dozen Liqueur Coffees at £3-85

I`m not a great lover of Heineken but the best and coldest pint was from the Lido bar,at other bars it was warm

Spirits are 40ml measures but tended to be even more than that

If you want vodka make sure you ask for Smirnoff or they`ll serve you one of the toilet cleaning ones

Glad you liked Toulon-went a couple of years ago & enjoyed it. If Sete is cancelled we will just have to go on the tourist bus in Toulon!!. Will get my friend to check if Dream will be in Sete(she works as a travel guide & has access to the port schedules).

Looking at the drinks list I am glad we have gone All Inclusive. Those prices are frightening to me ----- much cheaper here in Spain!!

we wondered about going all inclusive but to be honest our bill for the week was £320 and that included a trip £80 and £15 for the safe so paying for all inclusive would'nt be worth it. and believe me we drank loads and had everything we wanted including cocktails oh and while i am on i made a mistake on my review our cabin number was 7097 not 6097 and it was on deck 7 obviously.

Archived