Bring Camcorder to the beach

theparkers

I would leave the camcorder on the ship, safely tucked away in your room. Pick up a couple of cheap disposable waterproof cameras instead. Not only would you have to babysit your camcorder the entire time, you will have to worry about damage from water and sand. With the disposables, you can actually both go into the water at the same time and if it gets lost or stolen, all you would lose is a few pictures.

My DH has always been the one to operate our camcorder. He told me long ago that instead of capturing every moment on tape, he wanted to enjoy and participate in the vacation, too. So, we take our camcorder along, he records stuff along the way, we have many still photos to look at and we both enjoy the vacation.

If you are going to the beach off a cruise ship, only take with you what will not break your heart if lost or stolen. You should only take along what can fit in your pockets (a little cash, your seapass card and a credit card), a beach towel, a bottle of sunscreen and a disposable camera. Leave behind your purse, jewelry and any expensive cameras.

IF you decide to take any of your cameras, please be careful about the sand. A single grain of sand on a lens can ruin your camera and the pictues you take with it. Take a cloth specially made for cleaning a lens, or even better one of those little bottles of compressed air. They are small and should be able to travel well in your camera bag.

We have taken our digital camera to the beaches, but prefer to take the disposable ones. We found we worried about someone stealing the digital, so we opt for the disposables now.

The only place you probably shouldn't have a camera would be Orient Beach in St. Marteen. I recall seeing a sign about NO cameras, video, etc.

This is what im looking at buying. A pixtreme digital camera a target.com A $150 digital/waterproof camera. Figure by the time i buy several waterproof disposables, than get them developed It will be close to that amount anyway. And with this camera I can do video, and only have one camera to carry. I also have a Canon G3 digital camera but I think im going to leave that one at home. It cost me $600 when I bought it.

Archived