La Guardia Airport

Sunbeam56

I would like to know if there is a store in La Guardia Airport that sells wine just before or close to where we board the shuttle to the ship - Crown Princess in September (Brooklyn pier).

not at the airport unless you want to buy a bottle of wine at the restaurant-at exorbitant prices(wine will be cheaper on the ship) and nothing within walking distance of the airport

there are a couple of liquor stores within walking distance of the pier in Brooklyn on Van Brundt Street...

it almost invariably cheaper at the first port you will stop at.....

I priced wine in all the ports on our last cruise. They had limited selections, either really high end or very low end. Nothing in between b/c wine after all has to be imported into most islands. The prices weren't that great either.

While I am not aware of a duty free liquor store in LGA, I suspect for the right tip you could convince your cab driver to stop at a liquor store on the way the pier. Remember the meter will be running while you dash inside.

there is no duty free at LGA at all....its not a international airport with customs(it only gets international flights that are pre-cleared from Canada). and at US airports unlike some overseas, you can't buy duty free when you get off the plane anyway.

The OP reports that they are taking the cruise lines shuttle not a cab/limo, although its probably cheaper to take a cab for two people thanto take the shuttle and then you could easily stop at some of the better wine stores in the area(Heights Chateau Liquors on Atlantic Ave or Towne Liquors on henry Street to name a couple)

btw most islands also import the hard liquor and the prices there duty free are very low. Wine isn't the drink of choice of most cruisers that is why its more expensive....

Having tried to buy port at most duty free shops overseas, I can tell you that except for local wines most duty free shops have extremely poor wine selections in general.

Thank you for all your suggestions. I will look in Ottawa, Ontario at the duty free store before boarding the plane.

We will not have any dutry free shops at the ports that we will be stopping because we leave from New York to Quebec City - the cruise is Canada and New England.

We might just buy the wine on the ship itself. I thought there might have been a little store near the exit of the terminal like at the airport in Vancouver.

Archived