Courtyard Marriott - Fort Lauderdale - any opinions?

prchoudh

I stayed there overnight for the Freedom cruise. There is a informal restaurant right when you come in the hotel to the left. It was decent food and the hotel was full of HAL, Princess, and Carnival cruisers. The hotel itself was clean and comfortable. There are commuter train tracks righr behind the hotel and a Bass Pro shop next door. I do not recall any other options for dining/fast food nearby.

The hotel as a small section right near the elevators/check in counter that has drinks, snacks, and I did see sandwiches, muffins, too

Sign up for the shuttle as early as you can cuz you want to get to the port early cuz the earlybirds get quick, and I mean quick (as fast as Platinum) checkin! I signed up for the 10am shuttle and it left fairly late, around 1030, but we were really close to port and I got boarding card #4.

We stayed there in January, 2009 before a Freedom cruise too. We liked the hotel. We ate at the Quarterdeck, which is 1 1/2 blocks away, going out the back of the hotel and turning right. I found out the next morning that, if I had gone out the front of the hotel onto A1A and turned right, there was a Bubba Gumps restaurant next door. We had breakfast at the hotel. It was good.

We stayed there the night before our Miracle cruise in March, and the hotel was clean, quiet and comfortable. The hotel shuttle picked us up at the airport and took us to the hotel with no problems. There isn't anything within walking distance except the Bass Pro Shop, but it has a good seafood restaurant attached. We walked through Bass Pro Shop just for something to do, ate dinner, and then sat out by the pool until bedtime. The hotel has a small casual eating area with sandwiches, simple breakfast items, etc., and I think it included a bar. It is a hotel basically for people waiting to leave on a cruise the next day or coming in and waiting to fly home the next day. We registered for our shuttle when we checked in, and the lobby was full of people waiting for a shuttle the next morning. The hotel was fine for one night, and we didn't have any complaints. There also was a little grocery store in the hotel with microwave food and basic supplies if you want to prepare a sandwich or something in the room. There also was a desk at the hotel where we signed up for a shuttle to pick us up at the cruise terminal and take us to the airport to fly home, and that worked well, too.

Archived