Hotel Iguazu Falls

HEINER

There is one hotel, Hotel das Cataratas, right at the falls. We stayed there 18 years ago and it was no great shakes (except for the location), but I understand it's been refurbished/lupdated and is now managed by Orient-Express Hotels. See http://www.hoteldascataratas.com/web/ogua/hotel_das_cataratas_introduction.jsp I beieve all other options are in the town of Foz de Iguaçu (also listed by the Spanish spelling, Iguassu), outside the park. Lots of options there. If you will be there during Carnaval, which is a big vacation time in Brazil, you are likely to find higher than normal rates and fewer than normal vacancies. Book soon.

I stayed at Mabu Thermas and Resort. It is great for families with lots of pools and playing areas, etc. It is about 10-15 minutes from the park. You can book tour in the concierge if you wish, but you can do all by yourself just taking a taxi. But take care with Carnaval. Rates skyrocket at this time. I went a week after carnaval and rates was half (50% lower!!!) than in the previous week.

Should you are interested in birds, you must reserve 2-3 hours to visit birds park (parque das aves). It is really great.

Thanks, everyone for your help.

(Lirdo) Sent a e-mail to TA to check price on Mabu Thermas look's like a nice Hotel.

(Claekovitch) We are flying in on the Brazil side. How far would it be to stay on the Argentina side? Look's like that side has better Hotel's.

We are going on a Princess Cruise and have booked with a Tour Co. to first go to Machu Picchu then fly to Iguassu falls.

Thanks

Betty:)

In Argentina you have a sherathon just in front of the falls. There are two hotels close to the falls, one in Brazil Hotel das Cataratas and one in Argentina that is Sherathon. From one side to other is about 30-40 minutes car ride.

Sherathon has several reviews in this board. You can also check at trypadvisor where you will also find my review for Mabu.

Archived