Tv--HBO

gsb

OK, someone just hit one of my buttons, sorry.

What's it matter to you if someone wants to spend their whole cruise in the cabin watching TV? Does it make you feel better to put someone down for asking a simple question?

Everyone is free to cruise anyway they want. If someone wants to sit at the pool and get a 3rd degree sunburn, or if someone wants to sit at the Martini bar and drink until they pass out....that's their right. They don't need permission from you or anyone else.

As for me, part of my cruise experience is to take a nap in the afternoon on sea days, in my cabin with the TV on with a movie playing and the balcony door open. If I sleep, OK, if I get involved with the movie, OK. This is MY vacation, and I will do as I wish. :D

As to the OP, the television programing on ships is very limited. Some sports, some news, some movies, a lot of old TV shows and a lot of cruising commercials and cruising information.

And Flagger is right on!! TiVo has changed my life for the better....just watch the TV you want, when you want it. :)

I would think the fact that the cruise ships travel around the world it would make it very difficult to stay in contact with the satelites for DirectTV...but then I know nothing about it. :)

I would not want to pay extra so that some people would have more TV to watch on a cruise. :)

Deadwood is only one hour out of a day. The whole idea of cruising is to not have responsibility and do what you want for the time you are aboard. Besides, maybe to watch it with a group would be a kick.

As for satellite, yes, the ship does pick up tv via satellite. However, international contracts restrict what they can show.

For us, we have on demand service with our cable company. So....I can watch it anytime. Speaking of HBO, did anyone see Sometime in April. Very powerful and sad.

Deadwood is only one hour out of a day. The whole idea of cruising is to not have responsibility and do what you want for the time you are aboard. Besides, maybe to watch it with a group would be a kick.

As for satellite, yes, the ship does pick up tv via satellite. However, international contracts restrict what they can show.

For us, we have on demand service with our cable company. So....I can watch it anytime. Speaking of HBO, did anyone see Sometime in April. Very powerful and sad.

I like to enjoy sometime alone in my cabin watching TV as well. I think cruise TV should have cable (not that I'm willing to pay extra for it). I saw Sometime in April and I cried and cried and cried. I didn't cry when I saw Hotel Rwanda but I've thought about it often and encouraged others to see it. Sometime in April really struck a nerve, wonderfully written. It goes to show you that history really does repeat itself even during present times. Everyone should watch this film!

Desertbelle

I am sorry if I offended you or the OP, it was not intended. That is the reason I stated at the start I did not want to come across as a smart a**. As I have read, there is valid reasoning as to why some might want to watch TV while on a cruise. It is just not something I do.

Again, my apologies to the OP and to you Desertbelle.

Tim

I was annoyed w/ TV on my first cruise. I got married the day John John's plane crashed and since I was in Massachusetts, it was all over the news everywhere. On our cruise in the Carribean, that was all CNN talked about. I got home and asked my mother "What happened while we were gone, all that stupid CNN reported was on the plane crash" she laughed and told me nothing important had happened the whole week.

On the other hand, we were just in Arizona last October when the Red Sox were in the pennant race and we made sure we watched the game every day while we were there. My friends thought we were nuts watching TV while at a spa, but, we napped and watched it and we relaxed, wasn't that the point?

Archived