Anyone done a 4 day cruise?

Just wondering if anyone has done a 4 day. We have been on 7 cruises that were 7-10 days in length, but I found a 4 night Bahamas cruise that we can do in Dec., but I'm wondering if you felt too rushed or did you have time to relax and enjoy the ship and excursions? It would just be me and DH, no children to worry about this time! Thanks for any advice!

We did a four day for our honeymoon. I think that we felt that it was too short and very rushed. That was without ever doing a 7 day. I suppose what we missed was actual time on the ship.

I suppose if you have a few days before or after planned that would work because then you will feel the complete vacation experience and not a four day holliday.

We have taken numerous 4 night cruises and found them to be relaxing. It's just enough time to feel like you've been somewhere and not so much time away that you feel you need a vacation to recover from the one that just ended. Go and enjoy yourselves.

The 4 nights are nice for a quick get away. We have done a couple & found plenty of time to relax. The 3 night cruises are the worst, seems like you no sooner get unpacked than it's time to re-pack & go home again. Course if the price is right I won't turn down any cruise no matter how short!:D

The shortest cruise we have done was 5 days which was OK.

My feeling, however is that on a short cruise ( e.g. three or four day) you still have the two worst days of all - embarking and disembarking, with not enough in between to truly relax.

I've done 3, 4, 5, 7 and 8 day cruises. I just booked an 11 night cruise and am really looking forward to that. I prefer the longer cruises but if 3 or 4 days is all I can swing at the moment, it sure beats work. The shorter cruises are usually a little rowdier as the passenger demographics is usually of a younger age. Hey, I partied a little hardier when I was younger. The shorter cruises also give people a chance to see if they are cruise type people without being stuck on a long cruise you really don't like.:eek:

Reggie:D

My 1st cruise was a 4 day. I was afraid of feeling "trapped" on a ship if I didn't like cruising. I didn't feel rushed but I also had stuff to do on the bookend weekends so it worked out well. Now that I've been on a 7 day cruise, unless I got a deal on the airfare or coudl drive to the pier, I doubt I'd do another short cruise.

I have no idea what the weather is like in Dec in the Bahamas, I just want a quick getaway. It's either this or Vegas for 5 days (it would really be cold there!). I have not usually found embarkation to be too much of a hassle, we always fly in a day early, get to the ship early, unpack....with only clothes for 4 days, we woudn't ave as much to unpack, etc... Still considering it, I want to suprise my DH!

We have done quite a few short cruises. We live 10 minutes from the port, so it's quite easy for us to get there & onboard. On our last cruise, we never left the ship - the weather was too rough for us to tender in at Catalina, so we had a day at sea. We weren't enticed by Ensenada, having been there mulitple times, so we stayed onboard while everybody else got off and had the ship to ourselves. It was a nice, relaxing long weekend. The only stress was having to leave!

We haven't cruised more than 7 days, but we're looking at the Northern Europe itinerares, which are pretty much all 10+ days. I'm looking forward to it!

We like the 3 and 4 night cruises, just don't try to do too much as far as ship activities go. If you try to do them all, you will feel rushed. I also wouldn't plan too many excursions.

We have learned to pack a lot less for the short cruises. The dining room is far less dressy than on the longer cruises. We have been told THREE times now that we can wear anything we want on formal night. One head waiter even joked and said....."You can even wear PJ's". The scarry thing is I think he was serious! We still follow the rules, but usually wear pants twice and just have them cleaned. Anything to cut down on luggage for that short of a cruise. :)

Bobbie

Ok, experienced short-cruisers: Here's my question:

We can't take a 7-day next winter, because Christmas and New Year's fall on Sunday this year. Kids HAVE to spend Christmas with Dad. Once you can't leave until Monday, you can only handle a short cruise before it's time to go back to school, SO...........................

Would you tack on extra vacation days in MIAMI or in SAN JUAN?

Aforementioned "kids" will be just-turning 20 and almost 18.

Carol

We are taking a 4-night cruise on 12/19 through 12/23 out of Miami. We will visit Nassau, Coco Cay, and Key West. After the cruise, we are visiting family for the holidays, then taking another break for a few days in and heading to the Florida Keys.

The cruise cost a just a couple hundred dollars for each of us (there are four) and we have separate cabins (2 girls, me and my husband), a real bargain if you ask me.

Archived