Switching from MTD to Early seating?

Is this even possible after paying for gratuities already? My family and I are sailing on Allure this December, and my father and I really like the first floor of the main dining room. Since I've heard that when you choose MTD you sit on the top floor of the MDR in a reserved section (1/3rd?) of that floor, my father and I would like to switch to early seating at 6pm (not late seating, we can't wait that long). So, can switching from My Time to early seating even possible?

—samoyedlover24

Is this even possible after paying for gratuities already? My family and I are sailing on Allure this December, and my father and I really like the first floor of the main dining room. Since I've heard that when you choose MTD you sit on the top floor of the MDR in a reserved section (1/3rd?) of that floor, my father and I would like to switch to early seating at 6pm (not late seating, we can't wait that long). So, can switching from My Time to early seating even possible?

—samoyedlover24

When I booked Allure for February I was waitlisted for for 6pm dining time so I was booked on MTD. When the reservaton showed up on the web site we had the seating for 6pm! The vacaton planner told me that there usually isn't a problem getting it. I would call and try to change it. Nothing ventured...nothing gained!

—samoyedlover24

Yes. Just talk to the Maitre D' in the Dining Room after you board. Usually he is on duty starting around 1.

Pre-paying gratuities has nothing to do with it. Lots of people pre-pay their gratuities. They merely make it mandatory for people in MTD. You can just relax and know that your suggested gratuities are already taken care of.

:)

yes, it's definitely possible. Call now (or have your TA call) and switch. If early is full already, get onto the waiting list and check your cruise personalizer often to see when you clear it. If you still haven't cleared the waiting list by the time of the cruise, then visit the maitre-d in the dining room immediately after boarding and request the switch. (This happened to us - we cleared the waiting list in a matter of a few days)

You can have prepaid gratuities with traditional dining, it's just not mandatory on RCI.

Archived