Thomson Dream Review by James Johnson

I do understand peoples opinions regarding Reviews etc, But the majority of this is about getting to the ship (does not have anything to do with the ship)

Conduct of youths on board nothing to do with the ships company or the Ship itself? The food on the Self service is wonderful and the Safety deposit is free!

Conduct of people is the same where ever you go so you must put up with it or go to a desert island. Unfortunately people are a pain and even complaining to them to their face means abuse to people send to stand off i would have hammered the door down.

The Dream as you say is a Fantastic ship which i have sailed on and cant wait to sail on again.

I do understand peoples opinions regarding Reviews etc, But the majority of this is about getting to the ship (does not have anything to do with the ship)

Conduct of youths on board nothing to do with the ships company or the Ship itself? The food on the Self service is wonderful and the Safety deposit is free!

Conduct of people is the same where ever you go so you must put up with it or go to a desert island. Unfortunately people are a pain and even complaining to them to their face means abuse to people send to stand off i would have hammered the door down.

The Dream as you say is a Fantastic ship which i have sailed on and cant wait to sail on again.

Hi NWC

Just read the review and it would be interesting to know the exact date the person sailed.I was on in June and had a brill time and no kids or teenagers

Disagree to an extent with you regarding the conduct of the youths on board having nothing to with the ships company or the ship itself.If they do not heed warnings from a passenger/s and continually misbehave someone on the ship has to take action otherwise its a free for all.Regarding safety deposit being free,its not,it costs £15

Just read the review & agree with Jim that the ships staff should have acted on the passengers complaint re the noisy passengers.

Question for you Jim as we wll be making our own way to the ship in a taxi do we have to negotiate stairs in the terminal to get to the Dream? It would be a bit of a problem as Mum is 89 & the thought of her tackling stairs & me lugging 2 suitcases is a bit daunting!!

Hi Fern,

No if the Dream is berthed in the same spot.You`ll go through the formalities,walk through and you`ll be on the quayside.Only stairs to negotiate are the gangway which is not too steep and manageable.I have walking difficulties and managed okay.

The taxi should take you directly to the terminal(ours did last year)which is on the level so you`ll only be lugging your luggage the short walk to the check in.Once checked in you won`t see them till your onboard.I`m sure Thomsons will look after your mum they did with me.We were checked in at the priority check in.

Hi Fern,

No if the Dream is berthed in the same spot.You`ll go through the formalities,walk through and you`ll be on the quayside.Only stairs to negotiate are the gangway which is not too steep and manageable.I have walking difficulties and managed okay.

The taxi should take you directly to the terminal(ours did last year)which is on the level so you`ll only be lugging your luggage the short walk to the check in.Once checked in you won`t see them till your onboard.I`m sure Thomsons will look after your mum they did with me.We were checked in at the priority check in.

Yes Jim i do agree the staff should do something if asked? But if it is a review of the Ship i can,t see how we can have a go at the Ship because of the transfer? but i must admit it is part of the holiday and should be remarked upon in context.

It is madness for the to be charging £15 for the security box thats is a rip off it was free in January in the Caribbean?

I loved the Dream as i think you did but to only give 2 stars on the review when you look at everyone Else's 4 and 5 stars may be a bit mean?

Yes Jim i do agree the staff should do something if asked? But if it is a review of the Ship i can,t see how we can have a go at the Ship because of the transfer? but i must admit it is part of the holiday and should be remarked upon in context. It is madness for the to be charging £15 for the security box thats is a rip off it was free in January in the Caribbean?

I loved the Dream as i think you did but to only give 2 stars on the review when you look at everyone Else's 4 and 5 stars may be a bit mean?

NWC

Crossed wires here,agree with you that the ship has no control over the transfers and as you say the reviews is more about that.I feel the review contradicts the marking or vice versa.I certainly do like the Dream so much so booked again for next year.Don`t agree with them charging £15 for the security box,its basically £15 for handing over a key.Squeeze more money out of the holidaymaker,well not out of me as I didn`t pay it.

Thanks for that Jim. I'll make sure the taxi takes us to the terminal - fortunately I speak Spanish.

Your welcome fern.Thats a bonus being able to speak spanish.Have you booked your taxi yet?We used A2B transfers and outwith the initial booking we did not even have to say to the driver the DreamHe knew exactly where to take us in the port.

NWC

Crossed wires here,agree with you that the ship has no control over the transfers and as you say the reviews is more about that.I feel the review contradicts the marking or vice versa.I certainly do like the Dream so much so booked again for next year.Don`t agree with them charging £15 for the security box,its basically £15 for handing over a key.Squeeze more money out of the holidaymaker,well not out of me as I didn`t pay it.

Nice One Jim, We are hoping to be doing one in June next year. Don't know which one but looking at the moment mate. Looking at Jan 2012?

NWC

Go for it.It really depends on what your looking for I suppose.We chose the Moorish delights because of the itinerary,most ports we have never been to.Going on anything else would be repetitive with maybe one or two ports out of five we hadn`t been to.Might have to look to the carribean in future for a change but it doesn`t float our oat if you pardon the pun :D

NWC

Go for it.It really depends on what your looking for I suppose.We chose the Moorish delights because of the itinerary,most ports we have never been to.Going on anything else would be repetitive with maybe one or two ports out of five we hadn`t been to.Might have to look to the carribean in future for a change but it doesn`t float our oat if you pardon the pun :D

the porridge om the Dream is good with Yogurt cream and some black pudding

Steve:D

what a very slanted review and I agree its been rated as a holiday whole NOT for the ship. These 'kids' who were spending so much on drinks - im assuming he means alcohol as he says 'in a permanent state of near drunkeness - they would NOT be served alcohol if they were under 18 - so they were teenagers maybe (i.e. 18 or 19) but not 'kids' and certainly not 15! if the child age cut off is 18 for the adult only cruises (Im not sure on this as Ive never actually looked!) then if you dont like 'young adults' then tough really - in my opinion the 18-25yr old age group tend to be more bother than the under 18's LOL at least the under 18's have parents with them to curb their behaviours!

the transfer does sound horrendous.

His room was nice though. i know coz we were in 7079 and it was fab :D

Picked up our ticket booklet on Thursday, we are going on Saturday and the booklet states that safes are free. This was only printed on 24 June as we went to TA that day to see if they were ready and they were only making them up then. Would have thought that we would have got an email or text from Thomsons saying that there was a change in policy, seem to get messages once or twice a day from them asking us to book something or other.

Archived