access to promenade upper level on Grand

The Dragon

Hi,

I've been looking at the deck plans for the Grand.

Close to our cabin runs the upper level of the promenade deck (after it's gone up the stairs). Can we access the promenade walkway from the emerald deck directly? Looking at the deck plan there doesn't seem to be space for a door so I am not hopeful. It would be good if we could access it without having to descend to the deck below.

thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge/experience

The Dragon

Yes there is a door on Emerald deck that will let you get onto the upper promendade area. We were on the Grand this spring. If memory serves, the door is on your left (port side) as you face the front of the ship. It's a small door down a little corridor right at the front.

Yes there is a door on Emerald deck that will let you get onto the upper promendade area. We were on the Grand this spring. If memory serves, the door is on your left (port side) as you face the front of the ship. It's a small door down a little corridor right at the front.

wonderful. thanks so much for your reply.

The Dragon

There is a door on both port and starboard.

However, on recent cruises I have found that Princess now marks these "Crew only." They did not use to have this sign on them.

caribill - yes I think I saw the sign too but I just went through the door anyway since it simply leads to the outside deck and not into the crews quarters. The sign must be fairly new because I don't remember one on the Golden (which has a similar layout) when we sailed on her two years ago. That part of the promenade deck was always empty.

There is a door on both port and starboard.

However, on recent cruises I have found that Princess now marks these "Crew only." They did not use to have this sign on them.

Yes now they're "crew only"

Srpilo

I used this door earlier this year on the Crown Princess... it only leads to the upper Promenade so I had no compunction not to use it... And I plan to use it in a few weeks on the Caribbean Princess... it is convenient...

Archived