Hawkins Island...Don't Stop the Carnival

kitkat4622

We did the Hawkins Island Don't Stop the Carnival Party last year -- it was just OK. We did it through Royal Caribbean. My feeling is that it's a lot of money and wasn't that great -- the food was mediocre and it was just some island music with some girls dressed up like native dancers. The best part was the boat ride back to the ship on the quiet nightime waters. Overall, definitely not worth the prices charged!!!! I wouldn't do it again.

• 3 weeks later...

Did it middle of October 2003. Loved it. I've never been to a luau, this was the closest I've ever gotten. Drinks are watered down, but they serve them as soon as the little ship leaves port. We booked through our cruise line, Celebrity Zenith. They have a nice variety of food, entertainment and you have square picnic tables to eat on. Only drawback, after drinking enough, you have a small hill to climb to go up to the bathroom. Not so bad on a regular day, but if you've had enough to drink and you really have to go........well you get the picture.

-Jo

• 3 weeks later...

is it just a show? the brochure we got from ta makes it look like conga lines, dancing...it is expensive so we're trying to get opinions too. it's so hard to pick (but fun) out the right excursions.

is it just a show? the brochure we got from ta makes it look like conga lines, dancing...it is expensive so we're trying to get opinions too. it's so hard to pick (but fun) out the right excursions.

The conga line thing is part of the show. It's an audience participation type thing. I loved it and would highly recommend it. Yes, it's pricey, but like someone else said, it's the closest thing to a luau type thing as you can get .... Very islandy!!! It gives you the Gilligan's Island headhunters feeling ... It's really fun! Don't expect the food and drink to be superior... It's the show, music and dancing that 'make' this excursion!

- Terry

Not worth the money. We did it last September with our 14 yr old. The ship had better entertainment that night. I would only recommend it for adults. Still not worth the money. If its the only side trip your taking do the helmet drive out of St. Gerorge during the day. With the extra money buy a nice bottle and watch a great sunset. Enjoy your cruise.

Worth probably half what he charges -- Years ago I paid $60 each & I really thought it was a rip off -- trust me much better entertainment aboard the ship -- but really want to be entertained off ship, go to St. Catherine's beach a night -- there's a beach party each night -- fun -- good mixed ages

Worth probably half what he charges -- Years ago I paid $60 each & I really thought it was a rip off -- trust me much better entertainment aboard the ship -- but really want to be entertained off ship, go to St. Catherine's beach a night -- there's a beach party each night -- fun -- good mixed ages

Thanks for this tip, Billdaffy. :)

Can you tell me more about this? Does it go late at night? We're a group of four: two couples in our mid-late 20s, so we'll be looking for fun nighttime activities. Any recommendations??

We enjoyed the Hawkins party. It was pricey. If you do it, book it on your own you will save $$$. We booked it on our own and it was about $40 cheaper per person. We took the bus there, and a taxi back to the ship. I think the taxi ride to St George was about $40....There were 6 of us so it was definately worth it to book on our own.

Patty

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived