Singapore logistics?

C&Sun

Here's the situation: Ending long cruise in Singapore on Oct. 26. Leaving ship with at least two large pieces of luggage plus our carry-ons headed for airport. Taking Silkair flight at 1:55pm to Siem Reap. Only taking carry-ons. Returning Oct. 28 at 9:55pm on Silkair. Departing the next morning at 07:40 on Thai Airways for BKK. Those are the facts and now this is where I need help thinking it through.

I want to store the bags at left luggage in Terminal 1 which is where we will be departing from on Thai Airways for BKK at 07:40 on the 29th. So this means that we basically would have about 7 hours between flights.

Silkair leaves and arrives from Terminal 2. We would like to stay in the Ambassador Transit Hotel(terminal 1) the night we return from Siem Reap(about $55 for 7 hours) which means we can't go through customs and immigration.

How do I get the stored bags which we are taking to BKK with us as we depart from BKK back to the States without going through immigration? Is this a non-issue anyway since we are booked on 2 different airlines, separate bookings and would have to go out of immigration anyway?

There are luggage storage areas in the security areas in all 3 terminals as well as in the basement area of the terminals once you go out of the secured area. About $25.00 to store our bags for the time we are in Cambodia.

Have I created a logistics nightmare for myself by trying to pull this off or am I better off just booking the Crown Plaza Hote(about $200) which is connected to the airport and asking them ahead of time if they would let us store our luggage in their luggage room while we are in Siem Reap?:confused:

I would email or telephone Silkair and the transit hotel and ask your questions.

I have gotten amazingly quick and retailed responses from all sorts of companies in Singpore including a query about where to find the best noodle restaurant in Singapore.

What you are wanting to do is certainly not unusual at Changi airport in Singapore which has to be one of the most user friendly airports in the world.

Give them a chance to sort this out for you. Save some time, effort and money for shopping in Changi airport.

Here's the situation: Ending long cruise in Singapore on Oct. 26. Leaving ship with at least two large pieces of luggage plus our carry-ons headed for airport. Taking Silkair flight at 1:55pm to Siem Reap. Only taking carry-ons. Returning Oct. 28 at 9:55pm on Silkair. Departing the next morning at 07:40 on Thai Airways for BKK. Those are the facts and now this is where I need help thinking it through.

I want to store the bags at left luggage in Terminal 1 which is where we will be departing from on Thai Airways for BKK at 07:40 on the 29th. So this means that we basically would have about 7 hours between flights.

Silkair leaves and arrives from Terminal 2. We would like to stay in the Ambassador Transit Hotel(terminal 1) the night we return from Siem Reap(about $55 for 7 hours) which means we can't go through customs and immigration.

How do I get the stored bags which we are taking to BKK with us as we depart from BKK back to the States without going through immigration? Is this a non-issue anyway since we are booked on 2 different airlines, separate bookings and would have to go out of immigration anyway?

There are luggage storage areas in the security areas in all 3 terminals as well as in the basement area of the terminals once you go out of the secured area. About $25.00 to store our bags for the time we are in Cambodia.

Have I created a logistics nightmare for myself by trying to pull this off or am I better off just booking the Crown Plaza Hote(about $200) which is connected to the airport and asking them ahead of time if they would let us store our luggage in their luggage room while we are in Siem Reap?:confused:

Are you trying to do a sterile transit??? You are coming in from Cambodia, correct. I can't imagine how a sterile transit would work. Why won't you have to clear immigration/customs coming in from Cambodia??? That is an international flight.

I have only been to Singapore one time and that was just a quickie overnight. So I really don't know positively but I can't imagine you don't have to clear immigration coming in from Cambodia especially because you have two separate tickets on two separate airlines.

Are you trying to do a sterile transit??? You are coming in from Cambodia, correct. I can't imagine how a sterile transit would work. Why won't you have to clear immigration/customs coming in from Cambodia??? That is an international flight.

I have only been to Singapore one time and that was just a quickie overnight. So I really don't know positively but I can't imagine you don't have to clear immigration coming in from Cambodia especially because you have two separate tickets on two separate airlines.

GreatAm,

Don't know what a sterile transit is although I assume you mean not going out of the secured area??. Yes, coming in from Cambodia. The hotel and people on trip advisor say you cannot go through immigration and stay at the transit hotel. So then I wonder if one could stay at the transit hotel for 7 hours, then go thru immigration, collect the bags and then check in for our BKK flight.

How do I get the stored bags which we are taking to BKK with us as we depart from BKK back to the States without going through immigration?
You can't.
So then I wonder if one could stay at the transit hotel for 7 hours, then go thru immigration, collect the bags and then check in for our BKK flight.
I think that the way that SIN is set up, there's no hard obstacle to doing this. After arriving at T2, you should be able to take the inter-terminal transfer train to T1 without clearing immigration, and stay at the transit hotel there (although there are transit hotels in T2 and T3 as well). When you check-out of the transit hotel, you will be able to go down the escalators to the T1 immigration desks and clear customs. Then you can retrieve your stored bags and take them to check-in.

This is possible at SIN as it's a security-at-gate airport, so arriving and departing passengers mix.

You can't.I think that the way that SIN is set up, there's no hard obstacle to doing this. After arriving at T2, you should be able to take the inter-terminal transfer train to T1 without clearing immigration, and stay at the transit hotel there (although there are transit hotels in T2 and T3 as well). When you check-out of the transit hotel, you will be able to go down the escalators to the T1 immigration desks and clear customs. Then you can retrieve your stored bags and take them to check-in.

This is possible at SIN as it's a security-at-gate airport, so arriving and departing passengers mix.

Thanks so much Globaliser for the information. I just couldn't see spending $200 plus for 7 hours at the Crown Plaza when we only needed a bed and shower, no services. I'll take the savings and put it toward a nice waterfront hotel in BKK.:D

Archived