On Board Accounts Settled in USD or Euros?

ducklite

When we go to settle our on board account on our Med cruise, will our card be charged in Euros or US Dollars? Trying to figure out which card would be the better one to use for that trip based on their policies.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
That's good to know. Star Clippers cruises: settling up is all done in euros, any cruise. My one complaint about those cruises.

That is really strange. Star Clippers cruises are part of Vacations To Go, which is definitely a US company. To charge in Euros gives them a chance to use whatever exchange rate they want to use and it will never be in your favorite.

I would either keep on 'complaining' or find another source for your travels.

That is really strange. Star Clippers cruises are part of Vacations To Go, which is definitely a US company. To charge in Euros gives them a chance to use whatever exchange rate they want to use and it will never be in your favorite.

I would either keep on 'complaining' or find another source for your travels.

If they charge in Euros, then they pass the credit card charge to the bank in Euros. It is the bank that then makes the conversion from Euros to USD. Star Clippers does not make money on the deal.

Archived