Embassy Suites FLL - Questions - Help

FurKids

The Embassy Suites is adjacent to a shopping center called The Harbor Shops. There are a few casual restaurants in this shopping center that you could easily walk to. There is also an Irish bar/restaurant across the street from the hotel called Waxy O'Connor's. In my opinion, it would be safe to walk to these places after dark. Just remember that no area (even in the "nice" areas) is ever 100% safe. But, if I were staying at the Embassy Suites, I would have no qualms about walking to the places I mentioned. There is also a Publix supermarket at the Harbor Shops as well as a wine/liquor store called Total Wine.

One more question - would you pick Embassy Suites over Crowne Plaza?

I assume you are speaking of the Crowne Plaza that is on State Rd 84 (aka SE 24th Street)? If so, the Crowne Plaza is a much newer property than the Embassy Suites. It's only a year old. But, if you are interested in being able to walk to shopping and restaurants especially after dark, then I'd pick the Embassy. I have never been inside either hotel. Both are very close to Port Everglades. I would recommend walking from the Crowne Plaza to anywhere ONLY during daylight hours.

We stayed at the Embassy Suites last year post cruise. I don't know anything about the Crown, but the Embassy is very nice, plus that free breakfast is always good. We're staying there again this Oct. pre-cruise. There is a restaurant in the Embassy. Its not 5-star but its not bad. Depending on what you want. We also got a shuttle to the port for $5 pp with our room.

We have stayed at the ES about a dozen times.... managers reception and a great buffet breakfast .... nice hotel in a great location with alot of good resturants within easy walking distance.... an Outback Steakhouse is about 1 minute walk out the side door by the pool.

I'll throw in my vote for the Embassy as well. We stayed there last Fall and will again on our next FLL cruise next Spring. We walked all through the Harbor Shops area looking at the restaurants and I believe there's a supermarket in there also if you want to buy any of those carry-on things (bottled water, etc.). We felt totally safe and one of the restaruant managers even came out and talked to us about their menu. Our hotel balcony faced East and we watched our ship dock early the morning of the cruise. And yes, there's the manager's reception (free drinks and munchies) as well as the complimentary breakfast, if further inducement is needed. ;)

We booked our pre-cruise hotel (Embassy Suites) through Princess so it includes the transfers from the airport and to the pier. It was an excellent deal. If I recall correctly, we're saving $50 per night over their regular price plus getting the transfers thrown in. We did it last cruise and were so impressed with the hotel and the service that we're doing it again next cruise.

The manager's reception is a nice touch, even though the bartender seemed to have issues with my order for a vodka & coke. He kept giving me rum instead. :confused: We did eat dinner in the hotel restaurant and it was okay - not great. Next time, I think we'll go out. The breakfast was the best we've had in a hotel. Its buffet, but there is an area where you can walk up and request fresh cooked items. My DH loved it, but I was saving my appetite for the ship. ;)

If you go to their website, you can see what's nearby.

Crown Plaza is clean and safe, but it is kind of out of the way. The Embassy Suite does have a better location. I shop in the Harbor Shops frequently. They have on of the best ACE hardware store I've ever seen there. There are quite a few restaurants and interesting shops there. There is a huge liquor store for those that like to take a bottle on wine on board. You can even pick up a trolley there to take you to other places. A local 'dive' waterfront place is just north of there off Cordova Rd. (Southport Raw Bar) which has good food in a very casual ambiance. It is not walking distance to the beach, but the trolley may take you there.

Would you mind sharing the Princess price for the Embassy Suites? Does your transfer include pick-up from the airport and then transportation to the cruiseport the next day.

Thank you:)

For the two of us for two nights, including transfers from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the pier and breakfasts it comes to a total of $372 (taxes included). The only extra we needed on our last trip was internet access - there's no free WiFi. DH had to send some emails for work, so we spent an extra $10.

I would recommend Chuck's Steakhouse which is directly across the street from Embassy Suites. Very good place to eat and at reasonable prices.

Either walk to the corner and use the crosswalks, or, carefully, dodge traffic and just jaywalk across the street. But be careful, some of those drivers are really moving.

They have a very good salad bar with the plates kept in a freezer next to the salad bar. It really keeps your plates of salad nice and cold.

The Embassy Suite does have a better location. I shop in the Harbor Shops frequently. They have on of the best ACE hardware store I've ever seen there.

Only someone from Tennessee would judge a tourist area by how good of a hardware store they had...:rolleyes:

Archived